Best Digital Drawing Application For My Needs?

Hello everyone.
Sorry for bothering you with a request many people have asked for in the past, but i guess everyone has its own personalised needs.
I have always loved drawing on paper, but in the latest 3 years i started drawing "digitally", using a "Wacom Intuos 5 Touch S".
After years of practice i'm finally comfortable with using a tablet, but i still have a hard time getting clean lines while inking my works (due to my slightly shaky hand).
I used Photoshop for these years, which i love as a software, although id doesn't feel to be designed for drawing.
I don't like the lack of any stabiliser, and i also find colouring to be tedious.
I have tried "Sketchbook Pro", which has all the small selection of tools i need, but i can't stand the interface and the way you move around the canvas.
I'd like to use pain Tool SAI, but unfortunately i work on a mac and i don't want to set up a bootcamp partition for a software only.
I only need a very few things in my workflow, but i'd like those to be fully working and i'd like you to suggest to me a good software that has these features (any additional thing is welcomed, but absolutely not necessary).

- (Very important) Good stabilisation feature while inking (without delay would be awesome, but with delay is ok as well)

- Ability to color spaces with some kind of a "Paint Bucket Tool"

- PSD Support

- (Not needed but would definietly be a huge advantage) Ability to use "Vector Based" drawing

Thank you so much :D
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Better Comparison according to the company:
my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio…
I use manga studio for my drawings, and it is AMAZING! (my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio…)
It has so many features, including all the ones you said you wanted. I really cannot recommend it higher!

This is something from the website:

"10 Advantages Manga Studio Has over Photoshop
  1. Reset pen sizes that behave like real Japanese manga pens. (In Photoshop you have to set the sizes yourself and they are not specifically designed for inking and coloring.)

2. Support for pen tablets, ie Wacom, and high-quality pressure sensitivity that really mimics drawing on paper.

3. Huge variety of screen tone patterns from basic dot tones to fancy backgrounds and effects. (In Photoshop, you'd have to make/draw tones yourself.)

4. A panel tool designed specifically for comic creation. You can also make a panel extend past the bleed point as well as set the panel border thickness for emphasis to certain scenes.

5. Perspective rulers - you don't have to draw your own perspective lines like in Photoshop.

6. Premade word balloons in all kinds of styles and fully customizable.

7. Tons of included content that will speed up your comic creation process.

8. Import a variety of 3D formats. Manga Studio also includes 3D characters that can be manipulated for the ideal pose.

9. Supports both raster and vector layers, and includes specific vector tools giving you amazing control.

10. Manga Studio's tools are based on real world comic and illustration tools such as inking pens, and rulers. There are many different pen tip types to choose from, unlike Photoshop whose primary design is for painting and digital editing."

Plus it blends colours super well with all these different blend tools and brushes, and it's not just for comic making. It really has some awesome stuff.
Thanks for the answers.
I have removed the "interface" line though.
Some people have misunderstood me; i'm not searching for a necessarily simplified software (i'm a motion designer, i work my way around softwares like After Effects, Illustrator and Cinema 4D).
I'd just like to avoid a software with a badly designed interface (like Cinema 4D, which i love and use...but can't stand its interface).

As for the suggestions i'm surely going to try Clip Studio, since it has a handy free trial.

I'm still opened for many more suggestions if you have any
Good luck.

Clip Studio Pro is arguably more complex than both Sketchbook Pro and PaintToolSai.

Painter is more Complex than Photoshop in certain aspects but it is a very professional program. I was not sure how to compare Corel's "dampening" to the stabilizer in SAI....It's definitely not the same but if you like nice programs Corel Painter won't disappoint.

Hmm:forum.deviantart.com/art/digit…

I was just thinking about the whole stabilizer thing.

If smoothing lines out sucks in Photoshop in Corel Painter you'll be highly amused...

I'm not sure if Corel has a trial as well... You'll definitely need ( required) to search for brush settings for this program...

Corel Painter Trial :www.corel.com/us/free-trials/
You do not want Corel Painter and it's 600$ price tag for a stabilizer unless you have Photoshop CC and you're ready to be converted to an entirely different program with a set up that is even less friendly.

You want Clip Studo Pro.
youtu.be/lmIkhPSCbyM

And its awesome stabilizer, 3d models, and perspective modeling.

Perspective:youtu.be/bNtH5nmwrh8
Clip Studio Paint Pro.

The setup is similar to PainttoolSAI because there was a disagreement within the company and maybe one or two people left to work on their own venture. And this is also why there's no difference between Manga Studio and Clip Studio Pro.... Disagreements

CLIP studio Pro and Manga Studio run on Macs.
Clip Studio paint comes with a stabilizer just like PaintToolSai.

It can easily be bought on Amazon.
You can look up youtube videos to see the interface.

Clip Studio Paint Pro Is described as being in between PaintToolSai and Photoshop as it is clearly more complex and has more features.

★★★★★ There is a free trial of Clip Studio Paint Pro. www.clipstudio.net/en

Try it out.
^-^ ♥ You might like it.
Thanks for the answer.
I'll try Clip Studio.
Does it offer vector based drawing? Thanks :)

In the end if Manga Studio and Clip Studio are the same, why suggesting to me one over the other?
Thank you so much :)

P.s. i found out the software costs 50 dollars for the PRO version and 200 for the EX version. Do you know the difference?

Edit:
DAMN!!! I'm looking at their home page and it looks like a brilliant software! Very amazing selection of features.
I'm definietly buying it, if i'll like it during the trial.
Thank you so much!
I wouldn't have known about this software if it wasn't for you ;)
Manga Studio only comes in cd form and it costs more for the cd as opposed to just downloading it.

The difference is a multi page feature that really only affects those that want to create their own manga and possibly publish it quicker.

As for Vector you should be able to work with it.
Corel Painter might be worth looking into.

Fire Alpaca maybe.

Maybe spending some time setting up the Photoshop Interface to be more along what you want.
Hello :)
I don't get the thing about the photoshop interface.
I have used Photoshop for years (also CC) and i know its interface; the probem is that the software lacks some features that are handy for actually "Drawing" (Stabilisation-Colouring ecc...)
In fact i actually really love Photoshop's interface
Cheers.
Someone on the forum a while ago suggested this program lazynezumi.com/

Might be worth giving a shot
Corel Painter is hard core....