Is there any website/program that can batch image resize and keep transparency? (.png)

I have about 1000 pictures that are too high in resolution and they are currently in .png with transparency. I need something that can make them smaller while keeping them in .png

I have tried InfranView but that just ruins the quality of the picture I'm making smaller, and photoshop only lets you batch convert something into .jpg, .psd and . tiff (.tiff doesn't work for what I'm trying to do)
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'll try that, thank you for the suggestion!
batch processing is easy with it, once you figure it out :) (it's got a ui, no scripting necessary. just batch process & tell it what to apply to your folder of images!) hopefully it'll solve your problem
Photoshop can absolutely do this. You just need to create an Action.

1) Open one of the files and go to the Actions panel.
2) Create a new action and it will automatically start recording what you do.
3) Go to Image > Image Resize and enter in the change in size you want and hit OK.

4) Whether or not you want to save these as copies or not is up to you. If you do want them as copies and to still keep the originals, either start by putting the copies in a different folder before creating the Action and use it only on those, or after the resize step choose File > Save As and pick a different folder instead of choosing Save before closing the document. If you want to save over the originals, then choose File > Save.

5) Close the document.
6) Stop the Action from recording further.

Now to create a batch process and run that Action on all of your files, go to File > Automate > Create Droplet.
Select the Action you just created and adjust any other options you want (such as adding a suffix/prefix to the file names when saving) and select the "Save and Close" option, since you already set that up in the Action itself.
Save the Droplet either in the same folder as your images or on your desktop. Once it's saved, just drag and drop your files onto the Droplet icon and it will automatically run the Action on all of them. Take your time though, because 1000 is a lot of files and your computer will slow down if you try to do that many all at once.
While I can't quite get is to save as something else rather than over the top of the original image, it works like a charm! Thank you for your help
You can always copy all of your originals into a new folder and play around with those so you don't permanently change anything in case you make a mistake. Almost anything in PS can be recorded with an Action, and any Action can be made into a Droplet to batch process any number of files you want, so go nuts.
It didn't :/ 
I tried 5 different pictures, the first cut out bits of the picture, the second onwards had white backgrounds
Matlab for sure can, if you have it I'll write the program for you. 
ImageJ probably could. 

or Python 
Uh.. those programs look a little complicated for me I'm afraid :sweatdrop: revamp v2 
Then no, nothing much you can do.