How do you stop your Ipad from updating games?

So, I was trying to update some games on my Ipad, but at the time I didn't have enough space, so it just stayed in 'updating' mode. I finally managed to clean loads of space of my Ipad, but they're still in updating mode. Is their a way to cancel updating mode without removing the apps entirely?

Also, I know this is majorly off topic, but I freaking removed 5000+ images + at least three or four apps off my ipad, and I only have 2.3 gigs out of like 16 gigs.
And most of the remaining apps are like 2.3 mbs, while only two are 1.3-2.3 gigs. And one movie that's only like 3.5 gigs. And not to mention the entirety of my images are just 2.2 gigs.
IPAD WHY NO SPACE FREE!?!
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Be sure to shut down any open apps by double-clicking the home button. Depending on which version of iOS you have, it will either slide up a bar at the bottom that shows all open apps with a X in the corner of each you can tap to close, or the screen will zoom out to show a row of app "cards" and you can close the apps you want to by sliding them upwards off the screen. Click the home button again to go back to normal.

Any app that is being updated will be grayed out and show a circle that gets filled clockwise as it's being updated. If you tap on the icon while it's doing that, it should pause the update. Try pausing them all and then restarting and updating one by one, waiting until each finishes.

You can also time out updates by switching to airplane mode to cut off all data transfers. Eventually you should get a popup message saying "unable to update" and all of the apps will revert to normal.

If nothing works, follow these instructions to restart: ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Guide/s…
  1. Get an Android tablet.
  2. Install Firefox for Android.
  3. ...
  4. Profit!
You mean they're still Loading?
16 Gigs is a lot of Storage. Try closing all of your Apps and restarting your iPad. If that doesn't work, I'd re-download the Apps; that's probably your best bet. What type of Games are they?
That didn't do anything x.x
I would redownload them, but when you remove an app, it deletes all your Data.
The ones I had updating where Ice Age Village and Littlest Pet Shop.
I had a feeling it'd be one of those "Village" games. That happens to those types of games a lot, sadly. Most App Developers get that in their games and all it does is force people to pay for what they should already have. I wish Game Center wasn't such a pain with saving data. :no:
Delete a bunch of other stuff that doesn't rely on any data stored on the iPad (your music, movies, etx), and then let it continue updating whatever apps. And then turn off automatic updates.
...you can restart an Ipad?
howtheflipdoyouevendothat?!
Hold the top button until red switch appears. Slide it across screen. It'll turn off.

Hold top button until white apple appears. Then wait :)
Yeeahh.
That did absolutely nothing x.x
It's still the same.
Then no, you have to delete and reinstall the apps.