Computer recording software

I'm looking into starting a YouTube channel where I upload Photoshop tutorials.  I need a program that allows me to record my computer screen so I can effectively show people Photoshop steps and such.

So I'm curious, what are some names of these programs that I can use?  Do you guys have any experience with these products?

Your input would be appreciated!  

Thanks! :heart:
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
you can use camstasia, fraps and CamStudio to make a photoshop tutorial.
I use camstasia, but something you should keep in mind is your aspect ratio. Make sure you record in 16:9 if you want to upload to youtube, otherwise you'll make it look all blurry. Here's something to help: size43.com/jqueryVideoTool.htm…
Thanks!  I would have never known that.
If you use Windows 7 you can go with FRAPS, however the free version only allows about 30 seconds of recording time before it automatically stops.
I use CamStudio, but unfortunately it now installs some nasty bloatware. This is the best one in my opinion. It does lossless compression, which is very nice.

Microsoft has a tool called Expression Encoder 4 which comes with a Screen Tool.... Works well but the demo allows you to save only WMV.

Fraps captures only the OpenGL or DirectX windows, so this is not what you need.

Open Broadcast is good too, but I haven't used it much.

For editing I recommend Blender, which comes with a very well featured video editor.

Good luck!
I like Open Broadcast Software.
Well easiest way would be Fraps, but you need some other software to edit the video.