rts dsrlte malware?

My father has been complaining about his computer hanging up in a middle of his work. And then Google chrome crashes very often and then it becomes unresponsive. I thought this was normal so I asked him to force restart. I thought it was already okay but just now, he told me that it's still happening so I examined his computer one more time.

I checked his documents, everything is fine until I tried running Chrome. Whenever I make a new tab, it hangs up suddenly and then it leads me to a weird yahoo page. I know this should not happen as the default search engine is google. Whenever I make a new tab, I see rts dsrlte in the address bar and so it caught my attention and I searched for it.

I found out that it is a malware. This happened just now and I still don't know how to delete it.

Has anybody from here experienced this? Can anyone tell me on how to remove this completely? I will really appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this matter.

Thank you so much!
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yup, that is a fake hijack browser. Run Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.  You will have to change stuff manually as well such as the default search engine. Did you dad download anything recently? This stuff likes to bundles itself in the installers for "other" software. Even when you un-check them. They still go  through. 
Malware bytes is a good place to start. It's usually pretty good about getting rid of stuff. 
thanks bud! someone from reddit recommended this too and it worked :) I ran other apps too prior to running malware bytes. i hope it clears up everything :D