New Graphics Card Blue Screen

I upgraded my graphics card today from the GTX 770 to the 970.

Everything was fine, all my drivers are up to date, but not long after I got a blue screen.

I have "WhoCrashed" downloaded so I'll post a screen of that. It tells me to update my drivers but everything is up to date.

I was just using photoshop right now and I was getting a bit of spiking with my brush strokes and then finally it just froze in place. (The video on my second screen continued to play though, which is weird.)

EDIT: I only had 4G of Ram installed, and I just put another 2G incase maybe 4 wasn't enough to support my card.

i.imgur.com/jBYqQa5.jpg
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It just missingno'd itself. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. If it does reinstall the driver and when you do, there is an advanced option to do a clean install you should try. 

What happened to the new memory kit you were going to buy? Why are you still using that unreliable old stuff? (Is that the same 4GB we talked about before??)
When I went to micro center that day, I returned that 4G. The guy told me that my mobo supports two different types so I bought a balistix 4g. But today, I returned my 4G one more time, so I could have some money to put into my new graphics card. 

I don't think 4G total is enough :/
To be technical your processor supports the RAM and the mobo is just wires and connectors. But that's not the point. 

It supports 1333 and 1600 iirc. The problem is that it doesn't support both at the same time and really doesn't support multiple timings. So you mix ram and one of the modules is probably being clocked wrong and has the wrong timings. That's why you're seeing memory errors. Your blue screen wasn't a GPU thing, it's a ram thing. It'll be a different driver next time. Or antivirus if you have it. 

On top of that we have strong suspicions that old ram you had was bad based on previous troubleshooting. You can't use the stuff you have lying around. Something happened to it. 

Why didnt you buy the ram kit we found? There's really no way to fix this if you're going to take steps back instead of forward. 
You're right. I'm getting some new ram soon. I thought my computer was freezing but it was just my mouse...

Look what I found.

i.imgur.com/Ttlal9v.jpg
What about it? You don't have the right chipset drivers installed. It doesn't have anything to do with the blue screen. 
I know it doesn't have to do with the blue screen. I thought my computer was freezing but it was actually my mouse that just stopped working.