Windows 7 freezing?? HELP ;_;

I use windows 7, and this weird thing just started happening, where my computer just completely stops, I mean you can still see the screen, but it's frozen and you can't move the mouse or type, or do anything, it just STOPS. Like say I was watching a youtube video and all of a sudden BAM it's just frozen.. The only way to stop this is to hold down the power button to turn it off and just do a restart... I did a virus scan with Malwarebytes and AVG, and they both said my computer had no viruses. I'm guessing it might have been from a windows update my computer forced me to do, but I woudn't know which bad update to delete. The updates named things like KB(bunch of numbers) or somthing like that, idk It's been so long since I've had to delete them.. Idk by HamtaroFlower

has anyone else had this problem?? I need help! Oh and by the way, the freezes don't happen often all at once, they might happen once every couple days or every few hours... help  :C
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
use a system restore it will go back in time before a virus dont listen to others your wasting time
Unlikely to be a virus or malware. 

First step with this sort of thing is driver problem. Go into windows update and apply/install ALL updates and patches. 

It also would be a good idea to check the event log and see if anything is reported when it locks up. 

Finally, it could be hardware overheating. Open the computer up and clean all of the dust out of it. 
how would I do the update patch thing?? and idk where the event log is I'm not good at this sort of stuff :c

I checked the back of my PC, and I can feel the fan blowing so I don't think it's over heating?
This windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi…

This www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/…

...and you wouldn't be able to feel if it was overheating. Open it up and clean the dust out if you haven't in a while.
Ho by HamtaroFlower   What should I be looking for?

Hgf by HamtaroFlower   is this right? I download these right??
See what the critical ones say. Also check errors. Look for things that are at the same date/time as the last lockup.
spamming comments

3wyl
View all replies
Um by HamtaroFlower
what does this mean?
Expand it so it shows the whole source...
View all replies