Blender Stutter

Hello,

Can I please ask another question.

When using Blender 2.6, and making a pretty good job of it now. I have noticed that when I use the multiresolution modifier the viewing screen stutters when moving round my character the higher the sub division.

I have recently upgraded my machine with loads of RAM and have an I5 core processor.

Is there a maximum where I shouldn't really go to/ Is it usual for this to happen?
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
A higher subdivision mean there are more polygons for the computer to process. It is natural that things will slow down. Exactly at what number of polygons this will occur at depends on the computer. The idea is to find  the number of polygons where this occurs at and then making sure you do not exceed that number, That way you can keep working on the 3d model.

Different 3d programs will also have a wildly different polygon number at which this occurs at. One of the reasons is the programming language chosen to write the application along with other factors such as code optimisation.

Make sure you are using the 64 bit version of blender if you can. Adjusting some settings in the window draw method wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc…
may help also make your computer more responsive.
Brilliant, thanks for that. This was really helpful, and thanks for the link.

I am so new to Blender and any kind of 3D program that I panic easily and wonder what is going on. Is it me, is it the computer, is it the program, etc. Stupid Me! . Trying to learn is both exciting and frustrating. I suppose that comes down to wanting to turn out good stuff and not knowing where the fault lies and how to fix it.

ThanksHug 
Wouldn't you be more concerned over the graphics card?
Yes, that was one thing I didn't upgrade and wondered if that was why.

I don't know what spec I would need for Blender or any 3D software.

Thanks for replying so quickly.