Paint tool sai issue with white squares all over the screen.

So well here is the deal. If I open a window of any sort and drag it around on top of SAI it ends up giving me these white areas, they dissapear if I use the transform tool and then press esc (for some reason?) or if I just hover my mouse over everywhere it's white. 

It just started doing this like last week, I don't think I've changed anything. Does anyone know what is causing this or how I can fix it? 

A quick way for me to get rid of it is to pull up a fullscreen window (such as the internet browser) and then minimize it again. As long as I just draw it's no problem, really, but every time I open an image or something for a reference I get these white areas and have to get rid of them, and it's getting pretty tedious.

Here's a screenshot of it: postimg.org/image/y3wvtlukv/fu…
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I updated my drivers and was just about to feel stupid because I was sure I already had done that the other day =P But it's still there. :/ I can add that I tried the same thing with photoshop now, and it's the same there BUT the white areas does not linger as they do in SAI. The whites only appear while moving the window on top and then dissapears when I release the window.

This is really strange to me.
That's usually a graphics driver problem. It doesn't draw the screen properly after another window is passed over it. You would see this issue with XP all the time. Updating your driver will probably fix the problem. Try that and report back if it's still not working :)
Oh I replied to the thread rather than your post, I am not sure if you get the notification if I only post in the thread so here goes to get your attention again.
No, we don't get notifications unless you reply directly :)

Anyway, this problem isn't that strange, it's fairly common. What video chip/card do you have and what drivers are you running? Pretty much if updating the drivers didn't help then there isn't all too much you'll be able to do.

However, you can try disabling Aero and in photoshop try disabling openGL. Or try enabling it :dummy:
I actually already have Aero disabled, and now that I think of it, I disabled it around the time this started. But I can't imagine disabling it would do something like this, shouldn't it be the other way around if anything?

I tried disabling OpenGL and re-enabling it, but still the same thing.

I am using a AMD Radeon R9 200 (just bought it couple of months ago) and the Catalyst driver V. 13.12.

"Pretty much if updating the drivers didn't help then there isn't all too much you'll be able to do." Please don't say that! CURSE YOU! 
Disabling Aero might fuck with how the frame buffer is handled in some way. It might also mess with OpenGL. I guess try re-enabling it?
Oh wow I feel a bit stupid for not even trying it. But I did now and the trouble seem to have dissapeared.

A lot of people are claiming Aero is very heavy on the RAM though, so I would prefer to keep it off in case that is true but guess I don't got much of a choice than to keep Aero on if I want to get rid of the white areas.

Thanks for all the help though, seem to be working fine now! 
I believe if you keep aero on but turn off the transparency effects you can save on some of the ram and resource usage. But yeah, it's a memory hog. That's why they got rid if it in Windows 8
View all replies