Closed to new replies
October 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Paint Tool SAI and Windows 8?

:iconsparkifyed:
Sparkifyed Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My trusty ol' Windows XP netbook is about to see what the inside of a trash can looks like, and my aunt put my new Dell laptop on layaway today. It's great; 6 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, DDR3 memory, and it has an amazing quad-core processor.
My only issue is that it's Windows 8. :stare:
The stores around here only sell Windows 8 now, and my aunt will not buy a computer online, especially after the recent issue with someone getting a hold of her credit card number and buying $74 worth of crap with it. I refuse to buy computers off of other people after the couple of sad excuses of HP Pavilions that I bought off someone a year ago.
Anyways, I use Paint Tool SAI for majority of my art. Will Windows 8 run SAI?
Also, for anyone good with games, is the computer that I described good for running The Sims 3 with the Supernatural expansion pack and Minecraft? Not at the same time of course.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2013   General Artist
paint tool sai runs on windows 8 (had the demo running on a previous installation)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2013  Professional Artist
It's been reported working on Windows 8.

Gaming is going to depend on the graphics processor in the laptop.
Sparkifyed Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay, good. Thanks! ouo
Apparently this one's got the best graphics processor out of most of the laptops in the store, so maybe it will work.
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2013  Professional Artist
and what GPU was that?
Sparkifyed Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Not entirely sure. It might say here. www.newegg.com/Product/Product…
I'm recovering from being sick, so I'm kinda derping as far as computers go at the moment. XD
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2013  Professional Artist
That's an alright GPU. It's not going to do much in the way of gaming, but you should be alright in non-demanding games. It will run minecraft with lowish settings, optifine will help a lot. The sims... well... it might barely do it.
Add a Comment: