Closed to new replies
February 27, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Flash Brush Lag

:iconlienx:
Lienx Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Okay, so I'm trying to find a Adobe Flash equivilant or maybe a fix for adobe flash..

I'm trying to use flash on a tablet and the brush lags horribly, I can't seem to figure out how to stop it from lagging and it looks like the reason it lags is because once you make a stroke, the stroke 'transforms' into smoother lines.

I was having the same issue with photoshop but there was a setting where I was able to change the brush settings to standard and it fixed the problem.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013   General Artist
from what i've read paint tool sai will auto smooth lines like flash.
i can confirm that art rage 3.5 and 4 have a similar feature.
(sketchbook pro may smooth lines too, been a while since i've used it)
Lienx Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I tried everything I could think of, nothing helped. Flash is the only program that I've seen keeps the brush stroke selected until you are completely done with your stroke rather than just letting you make multiple strokes. It's apparently the processor speed so not anything I can do about it.
stipend Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013   General Artist
darn... i hope a better computer is in your future!
Lienx Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Ya, gonna resell it and get a better one. I guess it was mostly a test run to see how much I'd like drawing digitally without having to dish out a few thousand dollars...
stipend Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2013   General Artist
i went with an amd desktop.
intel, apple and laptop options tend to be more expensive.
good luck on your search, save and get a decent rig :)
Lienx Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Thanks for the response! - I don't see a properties tab anywhere though. Does it matter what version of Flash I'm using?
stipend Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013   General Artist
click reply on *Darqx's post and they'll get your message and hopefully respond.
:icondarqx:
Darqx Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You could try changing the smoothing of the brush, you can find it in the properties tab when you're using the brush tool.
The higher the number the more "smoothing" it does to a stroke.
Add a Comment: