Closed to new replies
February 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Record audio

:iconyemto:
yemto Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I need a recording program for audio only. I used Audacity but it doesn't really fit for what I'm doing. The recordings I do is about 5 to 7 hours long. Preferably that can save to the harddrive while its recording so if something would happened i don't risk to lose everything.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchienne-a-jacques:
chienne-a-jacques Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
Wether recording video or audio it's always risky to record file that long and that big, not only because if something goes wrong you loose it all but mostly because processing that big of files is always a problem even with the best of program. Having said that it's still very much do-able. You do not specify if you have a powerful syste, a sound card or in what format you want the recorded file to be. If you record waves they will make big files. What are you running mac , pc ? what version of windows.... you want something free or not? you want a small or big software ? one that only records or edits too? details... help
oh, and space isn't a problem. I have two harddrives, one 1024Gb and another 500Gb. Both about 25% filled.
I'm running windows 7 64bit. The computer have 16Gb ddr3 (1866Mhz ram), i7-2600 (3.4Ghz x4), and Geforce 9800 GT.

I'm trying to find a free program. It would be okay if i could set the program to automatically split the recording every 30 min and save it to the computer. So if it crashes I won't lose everything.
:iconchienne-a-jacques:
chienne-a-jacques Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
So you have a very good system that can record in top quality (I don;t know the specification of skype for audio quality but it would be useless to record higher then that)
I read what you said but In my opinion the best free software to record simple conversation is audacity. It has every option to do all that. You could very simply choose you directory and quality and even set shortcuts like this F5 records F6 stops and save or even record long files but I dont suggest you do that. Anyway there is a lot of free software and a lot of option. You could also use camstudio which is made to record screen but does audio too. One important thing that will effect any soft you decide on is to make sure your system is updated, if you have a soundcard get the most recent drivers and make sure you have all the needed codecs and encoders there are very good packages like klite codec pack for x64 system. good luck
:iconsonamyfan362:
SonAmyFan362 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
All sound recorder Vista is a good choice. It is simple, elegant, and hardly uses any resources.
:icondoktor95:
doktor95 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm ... What if you slice it ? (to parts ) for good handling ?
I could do that. But I don't think Audacity is a good program to record 7 hours long skype conversations with.
:icondoktor95:
doktor95 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm....
Add a Comment: