Hacked accounts

So, my yahoo was hacked, and sent out crap. Long story short what else can I do?

Secondly, I went to see why I had so much usage of my computer with task manager. Sadly there were too many devices that I did not recognize and when I went to use google chrome, it said it couldn't find it. Even my computer search came up null and void. I lost all my favorites and had to reinstall it.

Is there a way to see if the virus thing is still active after resetting my pass?

Is there a way to get back the google chrome favorites, since I didn't erase it or delete them, the whole browser just disappeared it self.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Accounts may become compromised if you've entrusted your username and password to a malicious third-party application or website, if your Twitter account is vulnerable due to a weak password, if viruses or malware on your computer are collecting passwords, or if you're on a compromised network. Unexpected updates don't always mean that your account was hacked. Occasionally, a third-party application can have a bug that causes unexpected behavior. If you see strange behavior, changing your password and/or revoking connections will stop it, as the application will no longer have access to your account.

what about one that asks to be updated but is?
ju.exe for java?
[link]

NEVER install updates unless they come direct from the product vendor.
Thing was, I went to java.com. I could have been redirected. It went to sun's site
Sun Microsystems does not exist anymore, they were bought by Oracle Corporation.
Ways to stay virus free:
1. Get linux

In all seriousness, did you sign into a gmail account through chrome? If you did then just sign in again and it'll sync all your bookmarks, addons, themes, etc...
Thanks.

Sadly, I didn't have them synced.
Also, practice safe web browsing habits. Otherwise, add Adblock Plus and ScriptSafe to Chrome. Make sure Windows, Flash, Java and all the software installed are up to date.
When you change your password, make sure it is not the same as the ones you use for other services or applications.
Right. I also have the 'sign me in auto' kept off.
Google chrome syncs everything to the cloud so on reinstall it should have everything there for you.

I think you might want to just change the password on your yahoo account and reinstall your OS entirely.
Cloud? I thought that was only for like mobile devices.
It can be for other things too :)
It's been in Chrome for about 10 versions too.