Closed to new replies
February 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Hacked accounts

:icondrybonesreborn:
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So, my yahoo was hacked, and sent out crap. Long story short what else can I do?

Secondly, I went to see why I had so much usage of my computer with task manager. Sadly there were too many devices that I did not recognize and when I went to use google chrome, it said it couldn't find it. Even my computer search came up null and void. I lost all my favorites and had to reinstall it.

Is there a way to see if the virus thing is still active after resetting my pass?

Is there a way to get back the google chrome favorites, since I didn't erase it or delete them, the whole browser just disappeared it self.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbuyfacebo:
buyfacebo Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
Accounts may become compromised if you've entrusted your username and password to a malicious third-party application or website, if your Twitter account is vulnerable due to a weak password, if viruses or malware on your computer are collecting passwords, or if you're on a compromised network. Unexpected updates don't always mean that your account was hacked. Occasionally, a third-party application can have a bug that causes unexpected behavior. If you see strange behavior, changing your password and/or revoking connections will stop it, as the application will no longer have access to your account.

DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
what about one that asks to be updated but is?
ju.exe for java?
:iconben-anderson:
Ben-Anderson Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
[link]

NEVER install updates unless they come direct from the product vendor.
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thing was, I went to java.com. I could have been redirected. It went to sun's site
:iconben-anderson:
Ben-Anderson Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sun Microsystems does not exist anymore, they were bought by Oracle Corporation.
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Ways to stay virus free:
1. Get linux

In all seriousness, did you sign into a gmail account through chrome? If you did then just sign in again and it'll sync all your bookmarks, addons, themes, etc...
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks.

Sadly, I didn't have them synced.
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Also, practice safe web browsing habits. Otherwise, add Adblock Plus and ScriptSafe to Chrome. Make sure Windows, Flash, Java and all the software installed are up to date.
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When you change your password, make sure it is not the same as the ones you use for other services or applications.
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Right. I also have the 'sign me in auto' kept off.
Add a Comment: