Closed to new replies
February 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Photoshop for webdesign

:iconkentguy07:
kentguy07 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
I see quite a few people use photoshop to design website and then convert the design in to a working website, then upload it.

how can I learn how to do this?

webdesign is something iv always wanted to do, my friend does it, but she works in word press and spends hours editing simple websites that have simple text and simple images with maybe a few links.

I could design the same thing in photoshop in less time, but that is where I come stuck

how to get the PSD file to a html or website is what I lack in understanding.

how is it done?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
You can make a mock-up for a website, but the actual website needs to be designed and done in html. There is no conversion, it's a completely different thing, as *Hai-Etlik explained.
:iconproventilat:
proventilat Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
fireworks has layer styles and blending modes. Fireworks provides almost twice as many blending modes as Photoshop. Layer styles are called filters in Fireworks. There are 1 to 1, the same layer styles (called “Photoshop Live Effects”) and quite a few additional Fireworks only styles / effects. Blending modes and effects are also quite easy to select and to change in the properties palette.

:iconaapis:
Aapis Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Nice spam signature there, you tittilating spam tit.
:iconaapis:
Aapis Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
how to get the PSD file to a html or website is what I lack in understanding.

This is why people pay thousands of dollars for websites. It isn't quick or easy.
:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   General Artist
with photoshop (or similar software) you can make a pizza (a website design) then slice it, upload the images and call for them to load in your code :)
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
And that's pretty much the worst way to build a website.
:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   General Artist
ok smarty ;P
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
That sounds like a great way of drawing up a mock design, but a fucking terrible way to create a website.

Design it in Photoshop, or whatever your favorite art app is. Don't use Photoshop to make a functioning website.
:iconhai-etlik:
Hai-Etlik Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Consider the difference between "Drawing a picture of a car" and "Designing a car". In that light, consider the difference between "Drawing a picture of a website" and "Designing a website".

There are ways to "slice" a picture to make a web page of sorts, but it is roughly the equivalent of printing out a picture of a car, and gluing it to a go-cart.
:iconscourgewolf:
Scourgewolf Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Dearest kentguy, I think I understand your problem, but you have to elaborate.
Are you attempting to turn one whole image into a website?
Or, are you creating a series of images and trying to insert them into your website?
Add a Comment: