Closed to new replies
February 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Windows 8 Deskjet driver problems

:iconpeterhat:
PeterHat Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lately I've got a new PC for my birthday, it had the latest version of Windows 8 on it. First of all, I could not use the computer for 4 days became of some dumb password bug. Now I cannot install the drivers for my HP deskjet 2050A printer. I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. I download it from the official HP website, but the computer simply does not run the .exe file. Can anybody help me get the scanner working?

I did manage to install the driver for my Bamboo tablet.

On a related note, can anybody help with installing the DirectX End-User Runtime. Each time the computer gives me an error message it leads me to the Microsoft website [link] , but at the lower part of the page Windows 8 is not listed as a compatible OS and as you guessed, the .exe file does not work. No error message, simply does not respord when being opened. Is it possible to find some sort of an alternative.

Thanks in advance :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
Windows 8.

:icontheresyourproblemplz:
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
'I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions' - which Windows version do you have?
:iconpeterhat:
PeterHat Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As the title tells, it is Windows 8. And if I am correct, there is only only two versions: Standart and Pro. I have standart and currently it had no service packs, since it is brand new.
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
They have 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
be sure to download the latest drivers from HP: [link]
Add a Comment: