Details

Closed to new replies
January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46
:iconthatmanekineko:
ThatManekiNeko Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
My husband and i are looking to get new computers, and most of the new new ones run windows 8. so i was wondering if deviants who run windows 8 could tell me their opinion about it. i have seen pictures and such but i personally am not sure about it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwolfreborn:
WolfReborn Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I was sure of microsoft's "one-success-one-failure" policy before trying win8. The only issue is getting used to it, cause if you Always used Windows beofre, win8 is quite different. At first you will use only the desktop app, but take time to discovery everything it can offer, it's Worth the time. Sure it's nearly an imitation of iOs, but everything is nowadays. For me it's better only because it's not apple.
ThatManekiNeko Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
i agree
:iconkirbzie:
Can someone give me a download link for windows 8 taskbar download?????
:iconkentguy07:
I have been using windows 8 for a little over an hour so far.

first glances there are features that suck like having to link it to a hotmail account before you can login.
this can be switched off.

There are stupid annoyances but if you tweak it, you can make it like windows7 was with start menu etc

it is pretty fast, I am running it on a solid state drive and its fast, most of my software works on it.

I upgraded so I could write articles and guides to help people with windows 8, I think windows 8 is great
but it just needs a few tweaks to work well.

first thoughts where "OMG its like my windows phone, Nooooooooooo!!!!!!" Microsoft are too controlling with windows phone but windows 8 is not as bad as windows phone, just has the same menus

skydrive is helpful
ThatManekiNeko Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
lol thanks
:iconproventilat:
Windows 8 comes with a new store for apps, the Windows Store. Open the Store right from your Start screen to browse and download apps for cooking, photos, sports, news, and a lot more—many of them free.

ThatManekiNeko Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
awesome thanks
:iconegclimo:
Windows 8 is perfect for PCs with only a mouse and keyboard, those with touchscreens, and those with both. Whatever kind of PC you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.

ThatManekiNeko Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
ok thank you
:iconvargson:
Vargson Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
If you use Windows, there is no reason not to use the latest version. Yes, the UI of Windows 8 looks a bit different, but if you are not completely stupid, you will figure it out.

In general, Windows 8 is faster, more efficient, more stable and more secure then 7.

I know that nearly everyone you ask about Windows 8 will say stuff like "It is bad, I don't like how it looks. Windows 7 was better!!!!!111!", but if you at least try to understand how Win 8 is meant to be used, you will grow on it.

Also, everyone who seriously thinks that the win 7 and below start menu was a good solution is a complete moron. That was one of the dumbest things about windows.

Also, I am an IT professional, I know about the technical aspects and in my opinion, there is no reason not to use Windows 8 as an end user.
Add a Comment: