Wireless keeps disconnecting on some dA pages.

Pretty much what the title says...

On most deviantART pages, my internet will just *POOF* disappear. It doesn't happen with my original account (in which I have edited the page to only include a webcam drawing.)

But on my own page, if I visit it, it tends to disconnect. I really don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing it is somehow my internet (MediaCom company,) or a software issue.

The connection will re-connect after about 5 minutes, but still, I can't even browse deviantART properly anymore. ):

I'm running:
Firefox 18.0.1
OS X 10.6.8
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Have you tried exploring dA on a wired connection instead of wireless? Same results? Also, have you tried using any other computers or devices that connect to the internet wirelessly? Any issues when visiting dA or any other sites on other computers or devices?
It seems to happen on my roomate's (wired) computer as well.

Not sure about other devices.
Does this happen when you visit any other sites other than deviantArt?
Nope.

Just deviantART.
dA can't disconnect you from the internet. The only thing I can think of is you keep hitting the bandwidth cap your ISP set on your account, and it just looks like it happens when you visit this site.
I don't think it's a bandwidth issue.

My friend and I can both be logged into World of Warcraft, and have little to zero latency.
Then something else on your computer is causing the problem. Probably WoW.
View all replies
Have you contacted dA about this issue? If this is happening on dA alone and no other site, I would try talking to them about your issue.
I'll do that, thanks.