Photoshop CS6 TIF problem

I don't get why Photoshop CS6 doesn't seem to handle TIF files correctly. I try to open a scanned document (in TIF format) so I can make the text darker and upon opening it has big black lines running vertically down the entire image (they're like black stripes).

What's weird is these lines don't show up when I view the image in the Windows picture viewer. Is there something that I'm supposed to set or is this a bug?

I never had these problems with CS4. I'll try putting up an image of the problem if required.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Actually adobe owns the right to Tiff and there is no problem usually whenever you create a file with or without layers in photoshop and save it as a genuine Tiff. Other application that label the exported file as a .Tiff often don't apply the official file specifications that defines that particular file as a tiff . Adobe will often not respond to that type of file as it doesnt recognize it as what it claims to be. I don't really see the necessity (unless its an old file you only have one version of which is a tiff with incorrect specs) . For scanning you just import via wia in photoshop and scanned files gets process by photoshop instead of the small application that comes with the scanner. Now you got me curious though. Is it your file? your particular install of cs6 or anyone. Post the tiff somewhere and let me see if I can open it on my cs6 if you want :shrug: or avoid tiff unless they are made in adobe and for anything else then print its not the file you want
My Photoshop CS6 is not pirated if that's what you mean, and the tiff file I was using was one I scanned myself (although I used Windows Fax and Scan instead of Photoshop to scan it, and it was scanned a few weeks ago).

I made it a tiff file because I wanted to print it out later.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea there were official specs for tiff files, or that Adobe owned it.
It is most likely a bug. That's happened to a lot of people in many different versions of PS over the years. Try opening a Tiff from a different source than your scanner.
Thanks.

Yeah it might be the scan. However, I managed to fix the problem by opening the file in Paint and saving it as a PNG. Photoshop didn't seem to mind that.