January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Printing text question: Photoshop vs. Word

:iconmomoe:
momoe Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Could someone help me out with this?

For some reason, the text printed from Photoshop CS6 comes out less crisp when compared to text printed via any other mundane word processing format (in this case, Microsoft word).
On the Photoshop document, I've tried both 300 and 600 dpi as well as all of the anti-alias settings (also turning this option off altogether). I even played around with the something called "fractional width."

Every time, the Photoshop print appears slightly smudged and blurry compared to the clean, crisp lines of the text from Microsoft word. In other words, it seems like photoshop is merely printing a picture of the text, not the text itself.

Is there any way to correct this without going through the tedious process of combining the two formats (making word tables with pictures in them, etc.)? I'll be thankful for any information on this.

Some additional info that may be relevant: My printer is an HP Color Laserjet CP3525dn. I was typing several lines of text using Arial font at 10pt.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattchee:
mattchee Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Sounds like photoshop might be rasterizing type before print, instead of using the fonts?

Also maybe check to make sure that you aren't using any scaling in the print options.
:iconrender4000:
render4000 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
You're working in Windows or Mac? .. What version of Photoshop you use and what font?
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
Are you leaving the text as actual text in photoshop (not rasterizing it at all)? Are you printing from photoshop directly or from a file you're saving?

Also, try updating the firmware on your printer :)
:iconrender4000:
render4000 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Hey.
What resolution is the document in Photoshop? .. You can put the document .. it is easier and can help you.
:iconmomoe:
momoe Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
At the moment, the resolution is whatever i need it to be since I'm just starting out.

Right now I'm just printing "the quick brown fox" over and over again on different settings and so far, I can't replicate the quality of the text from an ordinary word document. It's a bit discouraging.

The resolutions I've tried so far are 300, 600 and just recently, 1200 dpi. Nothing seems to work.
Add a Comment: