Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Cintiq driver loading issues

:iconkuroblanc:
KuroBlanc Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Running on Windows Vista, HP HDX9300 -- Dated I know.

Recently my Cintiq 24HD drivers crashed, and upon uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, the driver still isn't working. It does not show up in the task bar during start-up. I have removed the device from the device manager as well as from Programs and Features. I have tried all of the available drivers, albeit my install disc, which is sadly missing. The contacts are all in order, so it doesn't seem to be problem with the external tablet. The status light does not go on, but the LEDs do and I am given confirming chimes as to when the tablet is plugged-in or unplugged.

I have gotten several error messages including, "tablet not found", "tablet driver is not running" "tablet service for professional driver has stopped working".

When trying to open the Preference File Utility, I am prompted with "libxml2.dll is missing". Finally, on a Scan Disk "CBS.log was corrupt". I cannot run a DSKCHK because of this error, and I lack a recovery disc to reset the system.

I am wondering if there is any other probable cause or immediate remedy to this issue, and any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This sounds like a problem with your OS in general that is preventing things from working correctly. Probably your best bet going forward would be to back up your stuff and do a clean install of either Windows 7 or Windows 8, depending on how you feel about them personally. Anything would be better than Vista these days :p Then, before plugging in your Wacom, install the drivers. Should be all set in that case. Drivers also exist for Ubuntu/Linux if you're into that sort of thing :p that would depend on your software of choice.

If you don't want to update the OS then you're going to want to find a Vista install disk and run a repair install. That should clear up some of the missing .dll issues. Then I would suggest uninstalling anything wacom and going into the device manager and deleting any generic 'HID tablet' drivers that Windows installed by default. Then install the lastest version of the Wacom driver, plug in your tablet, and hope for the best. Running something like piriform's ccleaner might help too.
KuroBlanc Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Thank you so much for the speedy reply, I will try the clean Windows 8 install, and post a status update when I can.

For now I am all set.
pyrohmstr Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Remember that it will take some work as it's an OS reinstall. You'll have to reinstall programs :)

On the plus side, Windows 8 works really well.
KuroBlanc Jan 26, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Handled everything, thank you for the help!
pyrohmstr Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Awesome :dummy:
Add a Comment: