January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Huion Tablet pressure problem

:icontataouin:
Tataouin Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Problem:
I just got a Huion 580 tablet and installed the drivers given to me on the CD the tablet came with. Problem is, the pressure sensitivity does not work in Sai Paint Tool or Adobe Photoshop CS3. Please HELP! D:

Possible clue:
I've tried to look online for details on this issue but all I found out was that another artist had a problem with her tablet and installed drivers different from her model. I'm unsure what kind of tablet he/she used but they said that Sai Paint Tool pressure sensitivity was not compatible with a Huion tablet.

Info:
I have Windows Vista.
Huion tablet model: 580

Please help me!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxephalia:
Xephalia Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Umm this isn't really important but how does the tablet work? I'm planning on buying it from Amazon soon here [link]
Is that it? And have you had any other tablets? If so, how does it compare to them? Thanks a lot!
Tataouin Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's the same one I had!
I had two tablets before this one. I had a super cheap one before and I forgot the name and then I had a Bamboo one (small cheap one) and that one worked great! This one is a little different (Huion tablet model:580). It works well, and is smooth but I heard that people have had pressure problems if they have Windows 8 (and Windows 7 I think) because pressure sensitivity is not built in it.
I usually go cheap and I've had good luck (tablets lasting 1-2 years. :3)
Other than that, it's preference for what size you want it to be. I've had all my tablets rather small. :3
Sorry but that's all I can tell you for way of advice.
Xephalia Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh thanks a lot :P Pressure sensitivity isn't built in??? What's that mean? Yeah I'm probably going to buy this one. Seems better in specs compared to the bamboos and is much cheaper.
Tataouin Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well when you draw in Sai Paint Tool or Photoshop, you can draw with the pen and have precise lines (less pressure= thinner line and more pressure= thicker lines). That is pressure sensitivity.
If you don't have pressure sensitivity, you get lines that are the same size, like when you use a mouse in Photoshop. :3
Xephalia Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So it doesn't have that??
Tataouin Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The Huion tablet has pressure sensitivity but I heard that if used with Windows 8, it won't. :(
Tataouin Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
SOLVED!

I reinstalled my drivers (after deleting some of them to put them all back), rebooted my laptop, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted my laptop, then reinstalled all drivers from the CD that came with my H580 Huion tablet, rebooted again, plugged in my tablet, opened Paint Tool Sai, and it works!!!!! :D Thank you!!!!!
:icondraconianrain:
DraconianRain Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try installing an older driver and it might fix the problem. Sometimes I find older drivers work better with programs and latest drivers wipe all pressure sensitivity for some odd reason and I think it has a lot to do with updates for windows 7 and 8. If installing an older driver for Vista doesn't work it would be best if you go to the Huion website and contact support and report the problem incase it is a new or over looked issue the company may be unaware of.
Tataouin Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'll try that, thank you. :)
:icondraconianrain:
DraconianRain Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you're welcome
Add a Comment: