is this Spyware or?

anywhere i post:

<a href=[link] >youtube downloader

I want to stop this, i deleted some extensions...that doesnt seem to be it, when clicking on the box to start typing in this text, it auto inserted that link above but with a

space this big and the code (as shown above) pasted down here.....wtf, help??? and I am not trying to promote this spam or anything like that, I think that link is a scam and a fake I am using windows vista, chrome Version 24.0.1312.52 m and I have avast security (free edition)

--------
Sen Natsu (on gaia online said)
Download and run this:
[link]

do a full scan.

----
i did

....it still keeps happening
a short scan revealed...1294 threats in 2 minutes and counting...(then i got rid of those threats)

but the full scan revealed 96 threats, those went away too.

discusion thread ([link]).

Im here because I want more help.....and it wasnt affecting my laptop until now (probaly because of synch) so it is something in chrome, because all my other brosers are fine.
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Backup your data on an external drive, wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS. That's the only way to be sure to get rid of windows malware.
it was a bad extension
Also, I highly suggest you don't post the link here that might lead to somethin malicious. Someone might accidentally click it you know.
solved : Web Video Downloader 2.3
Convenient downloading and converting web videos to the needed formats: MP3, MP4, AVI, FLV, AAC, MOV, WMV etc.
ID: omfjhbbckoopfoijckebhedbhlhcjdbc

that was the malicous extension (removed from the chrome store)
Isn't there a way to restore your computer back to factory settings? That's my only suggestion. I really hope you back up your important files because you will lose them as you are taking your computer back to the day you first bought it. However, don't insert your flash drive or whatever you use to backup your files if your computer is already infected.
It might have installed a Chrome extension, which could potentially add things to text boxes when you don't want them to.
but which one D: i might have to delete the new ones my old extentions didnt do that
I don't know, they're all pretty awful so start by removing them all.
>;C
nah im good
Enjoy your spyware. :shrug:
i like my extensions, the one i removed was already removed from the chrome web store, i was the dumbass for keeping it all my other ones are fine
As far as you know.
View all replies
*scratches head* Are you sure it's YouTube downloader that's causing whatever the problem is? I use that program fairly regularly and I've never had issue with it (or anything else from CNet ... it's usually my go-to site for clean downloads).
i've never downloaded the youtube downloader that is the problem...i dont have one installed
Well, THAT'S weird. O.o
yeah i am done scanning withe the my malewarebytes bites and 2 trojans found and mywebsearch.sus or watever was found too and removed. now avast is scanning everything and last i'll do the spyware scanner again
disconnect from the internet first thing then use your malware on it then your anti virus and see if that will get rid of it if so then uninstall it
D: that means i have to reinstall all my apps to (or no...if i have synch)
disconnect as in unplug or...how do i disconect on a desktop?

then use avast? my malware?
You don't have to do anything to your apps. They'll be fine. Just physically unplug your internet cable or disconnect from your wireless network at the right corner of your taskbar in Network Settings. After you're disconnected, run the Malware Bytes, remove/quarantine the threats, run it again to double-check, and then run Avast. If that doesn't get it, then you may need to use HijackThis to look for anything that is deep in your registries.
it started on my desktop, my laptop is new....
ok, well i'll do the laptop tommoro since it's in another room (and my mom needs sleep). thanks. this wasn't happening a week ago.
no no dont uninsatll every thing just the one thing that you downloaded jusy disconnect from the internet and on a desktop just unplug the 'cable phone line or dsl line (its in the back of your pc) so that the 'youtube downloader' virus cant make copy's of it self or hide then do what i said to do malware 1st antivirus 2nd
then uninstall 'youtube downloader'and that should do it if not you'll have to take it to the shop and get it fixed sorry but thats all i know how to do there in one thing else that might work after you do all these things and the virus is still there
go to your control panel find the 'back up and restore'button click on it and last thing written there is 'recover system settings' click on it it will then say restore this computer to an earlier point in time click on it and pick a date to restore your computer to and sometimes that will work after you all the other stuff first sorry I wish that I could do it for you
SOLVED ...stupid Web Video Downloader 2.3
"Convenient downloading and converting web videos to the needed formats: MP3, MP4, AVI, FLV, AAC, MOV, WMV etc.
ID: omfjhbbckoopfoijckebhedbhlhcjdbc" extension.... i disabled it and poof no more auto posting spam :/
but i never downloaded a youtube downloader D:, so use that maleware link i posted (spyware eraser thing) and then the antivirus?) nah i'll take it to a friend's (he's certified with 2 degrees in computer science). damn virus. D: