January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Illustrator Artboard Help

:iconangel-soul:
Angel-Soul Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Photographer
Hello!

I'm experiencing issues with my artboard in Illustrator. I created a pattern repeat of stripes, so that they fit perfectly within my artboard which is 400mm x 300mm. However I am left with this horrible gap at the end because when I look into my document info it's showing my width at 400.007 and not just 400mm? (even though my artboard reads 400mm. What the heck is going on?

Here's a link to a print screen of the issue [link]

I have tried using different units such as points or cm but nothing helps

Thanks in advance!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Illustrator will sometimes do that. I do not know of any solution other than to try a different size.

0.007mm is not enough to create a gap unless you've done something else or what you're seeing is merely a bad preview. I'd rather see a screenshot of the actual issue with the pattern than a discrepancy in numbers. What does it look like if you save the artboard as a JPG?
Angel-Soul Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
I'm so gutted this is only happening to me and not a common problem! I have sent the artwork off for printing, so fingers crossed it's such a minute gap that you can't actually see it printed. Thanks for your (attempted) help.
:iconcubecrazy2:
cubecrazy2 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
That is really weird. I could not find a solution for you. The only thing I can think is that it may be a conversion error, as it seems to be fine with inches. This is a strange bug...
Angel-Soul Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
I'm so gutted this is only happening to me and not a common problem! I have sent the artwork off for printing, so fingers crossed it's such a minute gap that you can't actually see it printed. Thanks for your (attempted) help. (Hi Cube!!! Been a long time :D)
:iconcubecrazy2:
cubecrazy2 Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I wonder if it comes down to actual pixel dimensions, and maybe 400mm is not a uniform pixel width and winds up being, for example, half of a pixel, so the computer rounds the dimensions to be whole pixels? It seems weird for illustrator to even do this since it is not raster based, but perhaps the measurement conversions are being calculated based on a pixel scale? Just a thought. It is such a minute difference it shouldn't be a problem for your project.

I hope you are well! Nice crossing paths with you again! :D
Add a Comment: