Ai to Corel

Hi,
I search web, of course well known issue, but still I've got big problem. I make a catalog for me client in Ai CS5. Catalog accepted, everything is fine, but I missed one thing. In one of first emails, client told me that he will require also cdr file :/ So I tried to convert it to cdr. Catalog isn't fancy, just simple things like few shadows and transparency on the photos. I managed to import without any changes gradients, those shadows and transparency, but I failed with one crucial thing. Text box. So cut to the chase:

In Ai I have text in text boxes. When I import it to corel, text box is replaced by single lines of text. That's make text edit almost impossible... Is there any way to combine those single lines to one text box? Or even better, import text box as a text box?
I import a pdf file with high quality, editable and with flatern transparencies and embed phtos (thats only work for me to achieve 1:1 look).

Any ideas? In this catalog I have almost 1000 (yes, one tousand) text boxes, so you understood my problem...

Cheers...
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My friend give me a good solution for this. After import to corel:
- select lines of text
- hit combine
- set proper line spacing (I forgot about this)
- hit convert to paragraph text

Voila :)

@LittleSardines, after save to v8 and open in corel, all background and images are sliced to pieces. That's not the way to go. Text also is import as lines.
Thanks, I will try it. I was saving to CS2.
Are you sacing down to v8 of illustrator? corel imports best from v8 or older. =)
Yes, but it will take a LOT of time in my case... I'm searching some method that allow me to combine those text lines into a single text box, or import it properly... But I'm affraid that is just impossible
Not that I know of. We have the same problem between AI and InDesign. The best way I know of is to select the text with the Type tool (not select the box) in AI, copy it, then paste into a new text box in the destination.