Need help with making Shimejis work.

OKAY.
I decided that I needed to watch something run around my desktop to amuse me. So I was all like "hey, let's try a Shimeji!".
... Until I realised that there's no way to make it work.
I downloaded a Hetalia Shimeji (don't judge me!), then did everything you're supposed to do- I unzipped the file with IZarc, extracted it to my desktop, clicked on the .exe file, and... nothing. Then I tried the .jar file as well (to no avail).
So, I downloaded two more from DA to see if they would work. Neither of them did. Afterwards, I got Shimeji-ee, which also did nothing.
I have a 64-bit Windows 7, and I have tried almost everything imaginable- uninstalling the latest Java and downgrading to an older 32-bit version, running all files as administrator, changing the .bat file slightly, restarting the computer, you name it. Not even the icon appears in the taskbar. Literally nothing happens.
... I am actually on the verge of tears. I have been at this for three hours now. Please, please help me!
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
ohhh hey I dunno if you've figured out how to make them work yet but I could probably help since I've had a bunch of problems with them before and managed to fix them!
Oh, good :"D I haven't succeeded in making them work yet, no...
Ok, so something that messed me up before was that you need to change two of the file names in it to japanese. Did you try that?
And you didn't mix them up or anythiiiing? Hm... I don't really know, like, I was just looking around at the ones I've downloaded to see if there was something I help with and I tried fixing one that wouldn't work before and got it working, which helps me but not you, heh. Are there any extra pictures besides the 46 shime ones and the icon one? I dunno if that's a problem though...
No *le sigh*
Oh well, I managed to get them working on my new laptop. I have a bunch of Russias, Prussias and Italys running around. xD
Thanks for being a bro, though <3
Aw, lame. Maybe it was just your computer then? I DUNNO.
View all replies
...Sorry I'm so late on this, but I can help you out if you need to. ^_^
Oh, thank you :3
And it's okay, you're not really that late.
So what's giving you trouble with the shimeji again? Also, I can give you the link to download the English translated program so you don't have to fumble around with the Japanese.
I'm not exactly sure. My computer just refuses to open the program. It may start to load, if I'm lucky, but nothing will happen.
Ooh, that would be cool, thanks :3
This is the link to the English shimeji program: [link]

That should work a little better. All you would need to do is install Java (in English) if you haven't yet done so. ^_^
Thank you :3
I had already managed to make it work on my laptop, but not my desktop PC... :/
Okay. Try copying the file from your laptop to the pc and see if that works. Also update Java on the PC as well. (~=w=)~
:( Courtney! On my laptop I haven't tried it but for the moving icons I have to go into personalize, and search through there to find stuff that'll move on my screen, I have bubbles floating by in rainbow colours in front of my desktop background. :) Not sure if that would help but it's worth a try?
Well, no, that's not exactly it, but thanks for the try =u=
Be honest with yourself, a stupid little thing running around your desktop is probably not worth this much effort.
No, it's not, but anything to keep the depression out of my mind is nice C: