January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Need help with making Shimejis work.

:iconadatacourtney:
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
OKAY.
I decided that I needed to watch something run around my desktop to amuse me. So I was all like "hey, let's try a Shimeji!".
... Until I realised that there's no way to make it work.
I downloaded a Hetalia Shimeji (don't judge me!), then did everything you're supposed to do- I unzipped the file with IZarc, extracted it to my desktop, clicked on the .exe file, and... nothing. Then I tried the .jar file as well (to no avail).
So, I downloaded two more from DA to see if they would work. Neither of them did. Afterwards, I got Shimeji-ee, which also did nothing.
I have a 64-bit Windows 7, and I have tried almost everything imaginable- uninstalling the latest Java and downgrading to an older 32-bit version, running all files as administrator, changing the .bat file slightly, restarting the computer, you name it. Not even the icon appears in the taskbar. Literally nothing happens.
... I am actually on the verge of tears. I have been at this for three hours now. Please, please help me!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkiradessnyaa:
KiraDessNyaa Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist
ohhh hey I dunno if you've figured out how to make them work yet but I could probably help since I've had a bunch of problems with them before and managed to fix them!
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Oh, good :"D I haven't succeeded in making them work yet, no...
KiraDessNyaa Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist
Ok, so something that messed me up before was that you need to change two of the file names in it to japanese. Did you try that?
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
I did, yeah
KiraDessNyaa Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist
And you didn't mix them up or anythiiiing? Hm... I don't really know, like, I was just looking around at the ones I've downloaded to see if there was something I help with and I tried fixing one that wouldn't work before and got it working, which helps me but not you, heh. Are there any extra pictures besides the 46 shime ones and the icon one? I dunno if that's a problem though...
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
No *le sigh*
Oh well, I managed to get them working on my new laptop. I have a bunch of Russias, Prussias and Italys running around. xD
Thanks for being a bro, though <3
KiraDessNyaa Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist
Aw, lame. Maybe it was just your computer then? I DUNNO.
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconitssomethingplz: IT WORKS ON ONE, SO WHATEVS.
My other computer is just a jerk >:I
(1 Reply)
:iconchangeable-destiny:
Changeable-Destiny Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
...Sorry I'm so late on this, but I can help you out if you need to. ^_^
adatacourtney Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
Oh, thank you :3
And it's okay, you're not really that late.
Add a Comment: