Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

broadcast software?

:iconseraphoid:
Seraphoid Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I want to broadcast but I am using my windows 7 laptop, I will be using Windows Vista Desktop and here are my specs for the desktop ([link]

[link]

[link]) and it plays Aion ok and Livestream alright (could be better).

can anyone find me better alternatives? i'd like some decent stuff not crappy ware. and no i am not asking for warez or hacks either (b/c I know we cant ask for that)

from [link]

"To begin broadcasting your PC games on Twitch, first you'll need a Twitch account. Once you've signed up for a Twitch account, visit your dashboard or channel page to enable your account for broadcasting. Next, you'll need a moderately powerful PC, along with broadcast software.

Starting with your PC, here's our recommended specifications.
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz or AMD equivalent
MEMORY: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
PROTIP: Your graphics card does not affect your ability to stream. It's primarily a combination of CPU and memory.

To broadcast to Twitch, you'll need broadcast software. There are a number to choose from including XSplit, FFSplit, Wirecast and more. Most modern broadcast software now includes the ability to sign-in directly to your Twitch account, so you shouldn't have to worry about redirecting your broadcast. Please visit our knowledge base articles on these software choices to determine what works best for you.

Once you've downloaded the broadcast software of your choice, take the time to explore the settings and then feel free to experiment. Choose your favorite PC game and host a few practice streams. Utilize the Twitch Dashboard to view both your stream and chat room to monitor your success. When you're finished, visit your channel and review the VOD of your last broadcast and continue to tweak and improve your stream."

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Artist
Ok, so get XSplit, FFSplit or Wirecast
xsplit costs $$$ i dont have, FFSplit .... I heard is a hack and wirecast.... you also pay for $$ i dont have
I am wondering really if livestream would work but I doubt it
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Artist
Livestream works fairly well
ok i'll stick with that i just dont know if it will work for twich.tv
:icontevokkia:
Tevokkia Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I've streamed games with Livestream a few times and it works fairly well for me, too. Pretty much everyone I know uses Livestream or LetsPlay, but I'm not sure how the latter works.
Seraphoid Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
oh ok i have never heard of lets play
Add a Comment: