Sony Vegas Pro 12 won't open... please help?

Hello everyone,

Deviantart is probably not the best place for this question, sorry. But I'm extremely desperate.

Anyway, it's been quite a while since I uploaded anything onto YouTube, so I decided to video edit. But when I clicked on Sony Vegas Pro 12 (build 394), right after the splash screen, this message popped up:

"An error occurred starting Vegas Pro. The system is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications."

I have absolutely NO other windows open. Knowing that, I started up Task Manager to check on the background processes. There really wasn't anything that was using up too much memory.
Also, I didn't have any problems opening up After Effects and Photoshop. So far, it's just Sony Vegas. I've already tried reinstalling it, too.
My laptop is about a month old since I bought it.

EDIT: I uninstalled Sony Vegas again, made a new administrator user account as a test, and reinstalled Vegas. The program works perfectly on that brand new account, but still has the memory error on my two older ones.

I'm assuming this is a permission error, so I went to regedit.exe and made all of the Sony related registry folders to be in full control by System, every user who can log on, and administrators. I also went into "C:\Users\(my name)" and made the security settings the exact same as my successful test account's.

That didn't work. I'm almost positive that it's a problem with folder permissions though. But then again, I'm not an expert, so I may be wrong.

*kind of* to wrap it up if I'm not wrong: How do I reset the folder permissions back to default on Windows 8?

Thanks in advanced!

Computer specs:
Lenovo Z580
Intel Core i5-3210M
8GB of installed RAM
2.50 GHz
Windows 8 64 bit
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Did you reinstall Vegas by right clicking on the executable and "Run as administrator" when you reinstalled it ? (even if thought you are the administrator). Also don't really know if this feature is available for Win 8 - I haven't used it.

Please tell me if it works.
It doesn't work :(
But I already reinstalled Windows, so it should work now.
Is your new Laptop Black? Only White Laptops can run in Vegas without crashing somewhere.

^^; Reinstall windows, it s a win32 kernel known issue.
How the color could be a problem? :\

I don't want to reinstall windows, because I'm pretty sure this can be fixed without reinstalling. But if this problem goes on for another week, I'm gonna reinstall.
Save yourself a week.
Ok... I'm just gonna back-up my stuff now and reinstall Windows then.
Restart your computer
I've been having this issue for about a week already. Restarting, shutting down, and reinstalling Vegas did not help.