Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Need help with converting .mov to .gif

:iconoansikt:
Oansikt Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello, I have an animation made in Cinema 4D that I wan't to convert to .gif file.
I have tried a lot of different video converters but each time the quality is reduced.

So do anyone know a way to convert it to gif. without affecting the quality much?(know that gifs only have a palette of up to 256 distinct colours)

Or is it another way, is it any other types of picture animation that are better and work on DA?

File type: QuickTime-film (.mov)
Size: 330 MB
Length: 00:00:01

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshi-yin:
Shi-Yin Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
I use Photoshop to make gifs. I don't know if you have it but that's the only thing I can think off for the moment.. You can go to File>Import Video Frames to Layers and that's when you can import your movie in. Once you feel that your movie is good, you go to File>Save for Web and Devices. This is when you can save is as a .gif
Oansikt Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ay thanks! :D only one problem, it ended up on 19 MB... XD
Shi-Yin Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
The file is too big? :O Are you planning to upload it on websites, for example Tumblr? I know that Tumblr doesn't allow any gifs bigger than 1 MB. In that case, you have to play around with the Ditter and Color Option when you save to webs and devices. You can also try this: Next to "Preset" there's an arrow. If you click on it and choose "Optimize to File Size and Set", PS will try to give you the best result it can within your MB limit. If it doesn't work, then you might have to resort to deleting frames or turning your whole GIF into greyscale.
I forgot to mention that there's also reducing your image size that can help.
Oansikt Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks, but I fixed it ^^
it's now "only" 6 MB
U can see it here if you want [link]

Thanks again for all the help :D
No problem! Glad I could help :)
Add a Comment: