Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Need a better Software with Paint.NET's Line tool

:icontaqeelasunrise:
taqeelaSunrise Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm not a big fan of the pen tool. Never really got the hang of it. I mean I never really got it to always work the way I wanted it to work. Then I found this magnificent tool in Paint.NET called the line tool. It was so much easier to use. It was like the Pen tool only instead of two points, one line came with 4 points... which could be tweaked. This made the lines more precise and easy to make. I love the tool but it lacks some of the more advanced features of other software out there. Its all bitmap unlike Photoshop's vectors and it doesn't have the ability to customize the lines to suit the style of a pen or such.

All this while, in order to make Digital Art, I had been doing one of the two things I'm about to mention. I do not own a tablet so:
1) I use my iPad. Draw directly into it. Color directly in it. But this leads to highly inaccurate drawings but the color part is taken care of.
2) I draw on paper, then scan and then draw over it on the PC. I use the line tool but as I said I need a replacement now. But most of all, I don't know what to do when it comes to coloring.

I had used the Sketchbook app on the iPad. But now what will I do if I want to just stick with the PC for coloring. My main concern is shading, as it cannot be done properly with a mouse.

So I really want to just switch to pen and paper and PC. For that I will need that line tool with added features and something to color. Does anyone know of a Software Suite or a plugin to a particular software suit?

PS. If you don't know what the line tool is like. Try Paint.NET --> It's Free

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
I have always liked the line tools in Easy Paint Tool SAI. Especially the vector line tools since it is easier to adjust the line after drawing it. SAI is not free though it only costs around $50.

For a free line tool like that there is Inkscape or the free version of Serif DrawPlus SE. You can still use Paint.Net to color the linework.
Add a Comment: