Gimp help! Pasted layer

I'm trying to finish something in GIMP 2.6. I worked two separate files and the plan was to put them together in the end, but whenever I paste it, it won't show up, and the layer box says "pasted layer" as a totally different layer. I cannot move the layers around like usual, how do I fix this?
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You have to click the "anchor" button after pasting something in GIMP.
Is it possible that you need to add a layer on the same place as the pasted one? That's the first thing that comes to mind...

And maybe you ought to copy the file again, I've noticed that sometimes if I select something with the selection choices, it won't select the lines/marks as it ought to.
Last thing I could think of is if you've had several layers on the one you're trying to copy and haven't merged them down, it'll only select the parts that's on a particular layer. So perhaps you're trying to use a layer that you didn't sketch what you're trying to copy.

Those are the only things I could think of though, sorry if you've already checked these. ^^;
I tried that...But I think I fixed it, I had the working file open, along with the other one that was to be pasted, and dragged the layer onto the working file and scaled it. I'm not sure what I did wrong before though...
That's good you got it to work then. ^^ Programs can be so ticky, can't they? Tch!
Indeed they can xD