Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Annoying problem with GIMP

:iconenvymachinery:
EnvyMachinery Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I'm starting my first project with my first tablet and I'm using GIMP because it's free and Photoshop is expensive. As of late, it's started doing this thing where it thinks I'm not moving the pen on the tablet and then tries to form this ring around the pointer which, if I continually hold the pen to the tablet, will open the File, Edit, Select, View, etc. bar thing. What makes this particularly annoying is that it stops reading my brush strokes.

Naturally, since I'm not stupid, but will be given these irritating responses regardless, I have Googled this to no avail due to the difficulty in actually describing it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconazeron17:
Azeron17 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I understand that you've already fixed the issue but this is more to do about you issue with wanting Photoshop. There is a version of GIMP that acts more like PS if that's what your looking for. I think this is the [link] if your interested.
EnvyMachinery Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Unless Gimpshop is different from just Gimp, then I'm already using version 2.8.
:iconazeron17:
Azeron17 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The layout is different so that it mimics PS. It's more for people that have experience using PS but may not have the means of getting the suite. You know, tools are laid out in a way similar to PS but the program is still just GIMP with a UI tweak.
EnvyMachinery Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
Ah. Thanks, but that's okay. I'm getting pretty familiar with GIMP's layout.
It was a Windows setting. Thanks, me! You're so helpful! Thanks, I know.
My friend found out it's something my tablet specifically is doing, but we have no idea what. I have a Wacom Bamboo Splash.
Add a Comment: