Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Google Chrome site loading issues

:iconnatheren:
Natheren Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright I've been using Google Chrome for a good while and love the browser (cept it's flash issues at times)but lately I'm having issues loading any sites after about 1 hour or so of using it. The broswer will work fine then after amount of time the sites will attempt to load then frezze up while trying to load, same thing with any current downloads. It just stops and indicates it is still trying to load but no error messages appears. It also happens in incognito mode as well.

The fallowing is what I've tried to do to fix it thus far.

1. I have cleared my history, empty the cache, cookies / site plug ends, download history, and auto fill history.

2. Checked to make sure Chrome is up to date.

3. Uninstalled Chrome then reinstalled.

4. Disabled all Extentions

Dose anyone have any suggestions to fix this loading issue?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Flagged as Spam
:iconmilosflaca:
Milosflaca Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Could you fix it? I can't access DA from chrome. I could yesterday, but now I just can't. it's driving me INSANE.
Natheren Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I received an update a couple of weeks back so I "think" the page loading issue is fixed. Though I'm not 100% sure since there for a while I thought it was fixed then it restarted and lately I haven't noticed any load issues. Now I still have a saving issue after a certain period of time. For example after a few hours of running chrome it will freeze on saving any type of file. This also occurred when after a while pages didn't want to load but so far that issue hasn't resurfaced again. I've disabled a lot of extensions (only using ad block and my email checker atm) and I went in to my plug-ins and disabled one version of Flash since I have had issues with the 2 versions messing each other up.
:iconmilosflaca:
Milosflaca Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Chrome is definitely NOT working for me. I mean, not loading DA at all.
Sometimes it sorta loads the site but it just freezes up and I can't even scroll it. I disabled all extensions and as that didn't work for me, I uninstalled Chrome.
Still not loading... I wrote a support ticket to DA and they told me that some staff members were having the same issue. I'm hoping they can fix it, because Firefox loads so slowly. I just don't like it. And I hate to think I will have to have two browsers (and just one for DA)
:iconfairygal11:
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Nevermind. I restarted the computer to make sure and its not glitchy, but I am still keeping an eye on it. :) Ha I guess maybe that update doesn't make a site with flash glitchy after you restart it. It just gliched when it got the update.
:iconfairygal11:
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Alright NOW its begun to freeze on a certain site like IHOP with flash for a minute then returns to normal. It happened right after I updated my Adobe Reader. I was right. Adobe is behind this-Their updates from last month and now for reader are causing a kind of glitch in sites that have flash. When you turn on your computer and check out IHOP for example the site freezes for A Minute and then everything returns to normal and when visiting again no freeze (unless you restart eh computer to check again).

It would appear that Adobe is the blame for making the flash glitchy. I even sent them a message about the problem about how it has resurfaced. You know I bet other people irritated to have to wait a minute before things return to normal almost like waiting for a video game to load.
:iconwestbrook61:
westbrook61 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
If you are using Norton Antivirus, and if you have their task bar on the top in Chrome, disable that task bar. I don't know why, but it will screw up the flash applications that try to run in Chrome.
Natheren Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah noticed it and had that disabled when I notice error messages awhile back but still having issues even afterwards =/ For a brieft period it worked smoothly when I made sure one version of flash was disabled (Chrome has 1 version while my pc has it's own) but it's started back doing the same thing as it's done when I made this thread =/
:iconwestbrook61:
westbrook61 Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
That is quite aggravating. Trying to find the answers on the net is a crap shoot at best.
I just got a new desk top with Windows 8. I've had to go on the net countless times trying to accomplish what was easy with Windows 7.
There is likely some small bit of program somewhere causing your problem, and with all the drivers and registrys and other things that all our computers have, finding it is no easy task. If it's viral, Norton should have caught it. But there is no guarantee it did. Half the time when programs conflict with each other, the engineers who designed said programs are clueless.
Sometimes glitches like this make me long for rotary dial phones and non-digital music and movies and pictures on film...which I am more than old enough to remember.
:icontigerallied:
tigerallied Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Try reinstalling with with "run as administrator" - even if you're the administrator, that is if you are using using win 7.

Good luck.
Add a Comment: