December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 27

Browse to save virus

:iconhamtaroflower:
HamtaroFlower Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Okay so I got a new computer (windows) :D

and everyone says that they're getting this one little virus called browse to save. I have it, and it's just annoying. >__<

Well, whenever you go to a shopping site like ebay, or if you mouse over underlined comment text on deviantart, it links you to the site. (it doesn't do it on [link] text, so thats good.) Sometimes it appears on youtube.

No matter how many anti virus things you use, it will never show up. It's not in the extensions of google chrome, and you can't find it in the unistall a program bar.

I've looked at several websites, but nothing helps.

I also tried to unistall it form the website, but it won't let you.

Anyone else have this problem? (I'm using windows 7 btw)

Also, on the bright side, flash works like a dream~ :iconilikeitplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
To prevent more threats in the future, I recommend using Firefox with the add-ons AdBlock and NoScript. Last but not least, practice safe browsing!
:iconroyminnett:
RoyMinnett Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Are you using google chrome? Is it an extension? Coz I've never heard of it, so not sure whether it is a virus/malware or not.

Anyways if it is some kind of virus/malware, you can try out malwarebytes antimalware. It is an excellent anti malware software.

You can get it from download dot com.

[link]
:iconsnoowie9:
snoowie9 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
did you look under search agents, sometimes it occurs to be a search agent
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Get rid of windows. Problem solved.
HamtaroFlower Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
no
Well if you were using linux you wouldn't get viruses. Linux doesn't get viruses. So there's that.

All I can say is, the only way to be sure to cure your windows installation is to format and reinstall it. Otherwise there's no way to be sure that there isn't some stuff still hiding there somewhere. Just backup whatever data you have on an external drive (don't use the infected OS for this, otherwise the virus may just spread on the external drive) and wipe out your windows partition, then re-install it.
HamtaroFlower Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This computer came with linux.

On the start up I can choose which OS I wanna use

Also, I got rid of the virus. :>
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
For once, I agree with ~delusionalHamster.

For the sake of 3 hours, format, re-install. It'll save you a lot of potential headache.

What exactly is the link? or any keywords if DA doesn't allow you to post it...
HamtaroFlower Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
But I got rid of the virus. -v-

What link? The link to my computer? My computer was custom made by my stepfather. o3o
Maybe you did... but you can never be sure. A format + reinstall is the only 100% sure way to cure a malware infection on windows. Remember, you can't trust AV software. They only find things they know how to find, and report more false positives than real ones.

Of course, you might be satisfied with being less than 100% sure, that's ok if you don't do anything really important where security matters a lot on your computer.
Add a Comment: