December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Intuos5 Reviews?

:iconcampfyre:
campfyre Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi! ^^
I'm thinking about getting an upgrade from my Bamboo Connect to an Intuos5! ^^ I was just looking for some reviews on how it is :3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheminder:
heminder Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional
I've decided not to upgrade my old tablet until Wacom get off their asses and fix the nib wear problem that they engineered into the Intuos 4. It's on the Intuos 5 as well, and I think Bamboo stuff has it too. The nibs wear down after about two days because of the useless texture on the surface, and they charge a silly amount for replacement plastic nibs. If you can, I recommend hunting down an Intuos 3 instead.
:icontriangie:
triangIe Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The intuos is very expensive, an is for professional digital artists. I personally have had a very hard time with mine; installing it was easy. Getting it to work in SAI, however, was horrible. I had to reinstall it on top of the other one to fill in some "missing driver" error that happens with a lot of people. When it DID work in SAI, the stabilizer wouldn't work, and I just wasn't having that. I installed it a third time, along with reinstalling SAI, and then it finally worked. Just note that the process can be VERY nervewracking, and if you aren't very patient you may have to ask someone to help you.
For the actual tablet, it's nothing different from what I have on my old tablets. I had two Bamboo tablets, but they quit working after four years. The intuos is a step up, but I honestly do not find it worth the $330 when it's exactly the same as my old $60 tablet. All it has more of is pressure and the side buttons (which I find useless, IMO) because in SAI everything already has a shortcut key to do so. It has touch, but my old tablet did also. I'm glad I got my intuos; but it's just very, very overpriced and I don't see why it's so special since I still can't get my software bundle with it. (You have to get the software on the actual site, and I don't even know how to download the ACTUAL program. They just gave me the license key.) The pen works beautifully, and it has a softer feel to it which allows for a lot more pressure.

Overall, if my old tablet still worked I wouldn't have bought the intuos until it stopped working, which I did.
Basically- It may mess up at points. It's really expensive, but not very different from my other tablets (create and the first bamboo model.) The installation absolutely kills me. I believe if you're really committed to drawing, then it'll be good for you. I'm enjoying it, but I really wish everything was easier to install, modify, software BUNDLE, not just the license KEY, and the tablet wasn't as expensive.
If you have a good tablet right now, I wouldn't buy it. If your tablet doesn't work, then yes, it's time to buy an intuos.
Five out of five stars you could say for me for the tablet.
Two out of five for installation.
Five out of five for the pen.
Three out of five for the software, because I still can't access it.
Overall four and a half out of five stars since we're talking about the tablet. I hope you enjoy yours, and if you have any problems feel free to contact me.
:iconthe-average-alex:
The-Average-Alex Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012   Digital Artist
I dont suggest using an intuos 5 unless you are a professional as they are quite expensive. They are quite good and have insane pressure sensitivity.
If you want to upgrade from a bamboo then maybe look into alternatives to wacom tablets.
I moved from my wacom bamboo to a monoprice 12"x"9 tablet
But yeah intuos 5 + cintiqs are generally used by professionals.
:icondokuyuu:
Dokuyuu Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist

Intuos is much better also professional as well as expensive compared to the Bamboo products. I suggest you look up on reviews from the site and check it out yourself! c:

I own one myself and it's pretty good actually, you don't need a mouse much since there's a device that you can enlarge and stuff, also you get extra nibs for the red in the pen hold also handy if ya wanna try out textures and such~

Also a+ lineart if you're using SAI/Photoshop even colouring becomes a bit easier.
Thanks for the review! c:

I just looked up reviews, and they were all positive ^^ It's great to get some from there and from artists as well :D

That's great for the SAI lineart and colouring, since that's the program I use ^^

Thanks again! :3
:iconecstaticfeline:
EcstaticFeline Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
It's very nice. Large sized to be honest. It has very smooth lines if you use sai eue.
Thanks! x3

That's great news since I use SAI :3
:iconecstaticfeline:
EcstaticFeline Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Hah ^^
Add a Comment: