Real Time Symmetry / Mirror Mode in Photoshop?

I was wanting to know if anyone has been able to achieve doing real-time mirror painting in Photoshop and if so I would like to know how. I looked on youtube and there was in fact a way to do it, you have to enable 3D Tiling in it but so far I'm having a hard time finding the settings on how I would have my tiles flipped and rotated.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just draw half, copy-paste it and flip it, set it to 50% opacity, and trace over it. It looks more authentic that way.
corel painter, autodesk sketch, sumo paint, and google will help too, i think
There is no mode in Photoshop for that. There is the 3D Tile Drawing, but from what I can tell, people have problems with it. What most people do is just paint one side, make a selection, then do Transform > Flip Horizontally (or Vertically). There are no plug-ins that I can find for Photoshop either. Artists looking for this kind of thing typically use a different program to do their painting and then import into Photoshop for finishing touches or don't use Photoshop at all. Corel Painter has had a symmetry painting feature for years and there's several other programs that can do it as well.