Need Driver Help Please?

So I just got a new LG monitor for Christmas, but I've been having some issues changing it to the "native resolution," or resolution that it is best formatted to, which is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz.

Every time I try to change to the correct res, it says "out of range," and wont change. I've installed the driver that comes with the screen but it still does not work.

Is this an issue with my drivers, video card, monitor, or actual computer? I cant seem to figure out what's causing this. I dont want to leave it as is because I'll be using this computer for art and I dont want the images too stretched or distorted. Help please?

Specifications:

Monitor:
LG LCD Screen 23 inches
Includes a D-sub cable

Computer:
Windows Vista
Home Basic 2007
2GB RAM
32 Bit
Comments40
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This page should help: [link]
I've been there XD But thank you very much for all your replies. I've deduced it's probably my actual computer that needs updating. It's pretty out of date. I'll have to save for a new one.
In task manager, look under 'Display adaptors'. It should list the graphics card - make and model. This is likely what needs an updated driver.
It definitely sounds like a a graphics card problem. My advice would be to go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the video driver that goes with your system. Or if you know the manufacturer of the graphics card, go to their website and download the driver for that specific card.

If that doesn't work, you could try setting your screen to the second highest setting, and see if it works.
I've tried looking on the site and cant find any software downloads. I'm not sure if I'm missing it somewhere. I checked the LG site and looked up my IPS235 screen, but no software was offered besides Adobe and some other file type. no driver updates.

I've tried many settings. The one I have now is fine but when i compare it to my android it still seems a tad stretched.
Is this for a desktop PC, or are you trying to do a dual-screen set up?
it's just for a pc desktop. I was able to find updates on Intel, but those still have not helped.
It may even be that your graphics card can't handle the monitor. An option you could try is to get another graphics card, preferably a newer one, to try out, and see if it can handle the monitor. If it can, then you know the problem is that the graphics card needs updating.
nevermind, got the main screen to work again by unstalling drivers. Now I'm at default.
that could possibly be the answer. I'll have to look into that. now the problem is my main screen is stuck in out of range mode even when I reset res in safe mode :/
You have Windows 7, yes? I think the process for starting VGA Mode (assuming Windows 7 has it) is to hit F12, or whatever function key the computer tells you, and then I think F8 will get you to the Advanced Options. One of those options should be a VGA Mode (VGA meaning Video). That would revert your screen its lowest settings, hopefully giving you a temporary solution.
View all replies
did you install the drivers from the disk then they're probably not the most recent. Go to the manufacturer's site and be sure you have the updated drivers.
I checked their site but could not find any.
when browsing their site find your exact product page then click the product support button. The drivers should be under the software update tab.
I did that, but it does not show any driver updates, just a users manual and adobe, which i have. See here: [link]
then it's not the monitor. Are you interfacing with the motherboard plugin or the (if you have one) graphics card one.
motherboard I believe. I just checked intel instead and updated the driver, but i still cant change resolution to what i want. frustrating :/
do you have a video card?
View all replies
I'd guess your graphics card, depending on its specs? Maybe it needs a driver update, or it can't support HD resolutions. What was your old screen?
How would I check the graphics card specs?

My old monitor was Vuescape, about half the size.
Device manager.
it says it works properly. what else should I be looking for?
Make and model should be enough. With that we can check for the most up to date driver :)
It says it's IPS235 (Analog). Now it had the option to download analog, hdmi, or digital drivers, but ive tried all and none worked. The driver date is 2011. version 1.0.0.0

I've tried checking the site as well for updates but I couldnt find anything.
View all replies