Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Need Driver Help Please?

:iconstarshipsorceress:
StarshipSorceress Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
So I just got a new LG monitor for Christmas, but I've been having some issues changing it to the "native resolution," or resolution that it is best formatted to, which is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz.

Every time I try to change to the correct res, it says "out of range," and wont change. I've installed the driver that comes with the screen but it still does not work.

Is this an issue with my drivers, video card, monitor, or actual computer? I cant seem to figure out what's causing this. I dont want to leave it as is because I'll be using this computer for art and I dont want the images too stretched or distorted. Help please?

Specifications:

Monitor:
LG LCD Screen 23 inches
Includes a D-sub cable

Computer:
Windows Vista
Home Basic 2007
2GB RAM
32 Bit

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
This page should help: [link]
StarshipSorceress Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I've been there XD But thank you very much for all your replies. I've deduced it's probably my actual computer that needs updating. It's pretty out of date. I'll have to save for a new one.
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
In task manager, look under 'Display adaptors'. It should list the graphics card - make and model. This is likely what needs an updated driver.
:iconestrago1:
Estrago1 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
It definitely sounds like a a graphics card problem. My advice would be to go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the video driver that goes with your system. Or if you know the manufacturer of the graphics card, go to their website and download the driver for that specific card.

If that doesn't work, you could try setting your screen to the second highest setting, and see if it works.
I've tried looking on the site and cant find any software downloads. I'm not sure if I'm missing it somewhere. I checked the LG site and looked up my IPS235 screen, but no software was offered besides Adobe and some other file type. no driver updates.

I've tried many settings. The one I have now is fine but when i compare it to my android it still seems a tad stretched.
Is this for a desktop PC, or are you trying to do a dual-screen set up?
it's just for a pc desktop. I was able to find updates on Intel, but those still have not helped.
It may even be that your graphics card can't handle the monitor. An option you could try is to get another graphics card, preferably a newer one, to try out, and see if it can handle the monitor. If it can, then you know the problem is that the graphics card needs updating.
nevermind, got the main screen to work again by unstalling drivers. Now I'm at default.
that could possibly be the answer. I'll have to look into that. now the problem is my main screen is stuck in out of range mode even when I reset res in safe mode :/
Add a Comment: