Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Mystery of the Site Freezes (Aka: Certan Sites freeze computer for a minute)

:iconfairygal11:
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
There has been odd things going about-mostly on websites that have too large graphics that cause a computer to freeze for a minute and then back to normal. At first I thought it was just my own before testing it on my other laptop which shows that it isn't a virus or anything related to hardware. Others also faced a similar problem which I found on Redbubble (which is also one of the sites that freeze up for a minute):

[link]

Also I have observed some sites that also have froze up for a minute or less:

redbubble.com
sasshandem.com
(that news report site with the twitter notes)
daclips
ihop (Send message on facebook about their site freezing for about 10 seconds or so, but still okay)

These sites are among those with large graphics and other things that cause to freeze for a minute or less then back to normal, working function along with computer. Is it some sort of new "not loading" process or perhaps there's more to this mystery that meets the eye.

Both my computers are healthy and well even up-to-date. So it would seem it is the website's design and coding that somewhere within must be causing the site to freeze.

Your thoughts on this egnigma? Surely some of you have faced such trouble recently for this has started sometime this month in December.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I have discovered the mystery of the freezes that happen on certain sites. After conducting different sources to recent events regarding different Browsers freezing and also something relating to flash I've discovered that the Browser that goes to the site with flash content (be it a lot or large or some) it causes the browser and OS to freeze for a minute or less and then resumes normality. In event viewer nothing unusual is logged or nothing threatening at that even when you scan the computer for malware/viruses.

I've concluded that this is caused by a bug in the recent new versions of the browsers (due to updates) or perhaps more of an Adobe issue as it is considered a bug. I've even found an interesting adobe forum entry that has similarities of the "hang state":

[link]

This has happened before long ago at the start of the new year and it would appear that the problem is resurfacing once again.
[link]

This also tells other people are having the same problem with chrome as well. And I bet others if a certain site freezes on chrome it can freeze on anything even Internet explorer.
[link]

Here is evidence #2.5 regarding google. Also as an added note on IE and Chrome freeze occurs only just one time and then when revisiting the site it acts normal
[link]

Here is another piece of evidence of the strange case going about right here with someone who faced a problem when going to IGN
Also after visiting that website the first time when it freezes-the second time it doesn't as if it opened normally and this is when the computer is turned on and you check the site or later on in the day when wanting to visit it for no reason perhaps to check on it.

Its quite a mystery how it started sometime this month.
Add a Comment: