Random colors on BLANK Paint Tool Sai canvas

Hey! I hope this is the right place :)

For some reason, on a brand new blank canvas in Paint Tool Sai, I'm getting random colors. The color changes on the canvas even though I'm only using one color.. I don't know how to explain with words, so here's a picture.

[link]

Does anyone know why this is happening? D:
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
- Are you sure you're not pressing "X" or something?
- Press "D" and try and see if it does the same thing
- Does it do the same with other colors?
Oh! I forgot.. to thank you for your ideas. :) I appreciate all of the suggestions that have been posted
I know for sure that my hands are never anywhere near my keyboard when I'm drawing.. I just tried pressing x and d while doodling and while x switches between colors, it's nothing like what was happening before.

To answer your last question, yes! It was happening with other colors, and the color it would change to would be different. When I was using red, the random color was yellow. I was using a different blue and the random color was black! It's so weird! I have no idea what could be wrong, my computer is newly reformatted and I just installed my legal version of SAI. :/

Er.

Looks like it could be a problem related to opacity: lighter strokes come through as more transparent, which on a white background would render them brighter. It might be worth checking the tool you're using, to see if it's set to translate stroke weight to transparency instead of thickness.

This is all, of course, a wild guess.

Thank you for your suggestion, I checked my tablet's settings and there weren't any options like that. :)