Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Whats the deal with windows 7 and intous5?

:iconemeyex:
EmeyeX Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Just recieved the intous5. I installed the driver and now photoshop and flash will not open. I get the "Photoshop has stopped working" message, and all I can do is close it. I did some research and I have found out that it's the driver that I just installed. I have tried right clicking photoshop and "running it in compatibility mode for Windows vista" along with the other options, but nothing is changing.

I guess my only option is to install vista, but I don't really want to do that. I am getting a new desktop soon and I was wondering if anyone has a intous5 that works well with photoshop on windows 8...?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheminder:
heminder Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional
I recommend scrapping Windows and installing something like Mint. Then you won't need any drivers - just plug it in and everything works. [link]
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Just uninstall the driver. Even if you can't use the special features of the Intuos yet, your computer will still recognize the tablet and possibly pressure sensitivity too. I have an Intuos 2 with Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 Ultimate and it does even though I didn't install the Wacom driver.
The 5 is still pretty new, so you can either try installing the Vista driver instead of the W7 one, or keep checking until they release a new fixed driver for W7.
Add a Comment: