December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Best free/cheap video editing software?

:iconorangefruits:
orangefruits Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi Deviants.

I am starting to shoot timelapse photography and am currently experimenting with different time lapse software, mainly Lightroom mixed with LRTimelapse.

However I need to find some good software for editing the video after, adding and audio track and credits etc. At college I used to use Final Cut Pro but now I'm on Windows and that's an expensive bit of kit, so now I am wondering if there are free/cheap alternatives out there? Again I don't wanna do anything fancy, just the basics.

Thanks in advance.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Premiere Elements is what I use and have been using for years now. It runs around $79.
:iconazieser:
azieser Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I have used the windows live movie maker and it does everything that most movies need for editing. The only software I have used that is better is the one from the Corel but it costs 99.99.
orangefruits Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Yeah I have just downloaded the Windows Live one, it looks to be quite good.
:iconazieser:
azieser Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
:)
:icongucken:
gucken Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've had the same question just a few days ago, and someone was so kind as to suggest the Windows Live Movie Maker to me.
In my opinion it's the best free video editing software out there. It's worth giving it a shot.
If you have a mac, it probably won't work and I cannot help you there since I have no experience with that. :(
Yeah, I actually downloaded that this morning, it seems quite good. I saw it in a article about this by TechRadar, they gave it 5/5 [link]
:iconfargokraft:
fargokraft Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, i'd like to know too :D always wondered- though my computer can't really handle video editting so I haven't really looked. XD
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if my computer can handle the software too now.
Add a Comment: