I need Windows 7 x64 SP1 Explorer.exe. Can someone upload?

I messed up my explorer.exe, so I can't start the explorer at all. If anyone can upload it for me, that would be awesome. You MUST have Windows 7 SP1 x64 (64bit version)

You can find it in c:\windows and then you'll see explorer.exe
Just upload it to mediafire.com or something like that and post the link.
Thanks a ton!
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
~PR-Imagery is right. Open task manager Cntl+Alt+Del > file > new task run > cmd.exe and type the command: sfc /scannow This will scan for corrupt or missing system files and should fix it. (When the process is finished, reboot the computer).
Open the command prompt in admin mode and type: sfc /scannow. That should replaced it with a backup copy if you have system restore enabled.
Err, could you explain it with less laymans terms and give detail?
Ok, so here's what I have done in more advanced terms: I opened the Windows start button changer and when I was loading the file, instead of loading a bitmap file which program wanted, I selected a PNG file. So in the resources section of my explorer.exe is now a PNG file instead of the ordinary uncompressed BMP. Now that's the first part.
The program creates a backup of the original explorer.exe before patching it. But the program messed up something probably because I loaded a PNG instead of BMP and made two backups of the explorer like this: So, in the first step, it made a backup of my original explorer.exe and it patched the current one, but in the second step, it took that patched file, and made a backup of it by overwriting the original one.
The patched explorer.exe throws an exception (crashes) every time I run it with an exception number 0xc00007b and by Googling, I couldn't find anything useful about it. Now I'm gonna load the damaged explorer.exe in IDA debugger and try to see exactly what's happening in there. And I'll try digging in with the ResHacker to see is there really a PNG.
Thanks everyone for the tips. :)

PS. My system restore is off so the SFC isn't working. Also, I don't want to do a full reinstall and waste a lot of time, that's why I'm asking only for a single file that I can replace and it'll work immediately.
Can't you just replace the png with a proper bitmap image then?

If you have an install disk, load that up and run sfc from the recovery console.
Don't have one, download it here [link]

And do enable system restore if you're hacking system files, or at least make a system image.
Ah, no wonder you borked it.
lmao, what did you do to your poor system? :|

Do what pyrohmstr said and you'll be fine.
You'd be better off just buying a new copy of Windows.
That is a bad idea to say the least.

Run a repair install
No no no no no, stop trying to prevent this trainwreck
[citation needed]
what do you mean you messed it up? You can't just restart and fix it?