December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Sony VAIO Duo 11 & Pressure Sensitivity

:icontehketz:
tehketz Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Dear Deviants,

Having recently purchased this machine (described in title) for its penabled touchscreen to pursue my illustrative endeavours, I've found this device to be most practical for everything other than the drawing for me. It seems that the pressure sensitivity only works in Sketchbook Pro, when I'm used to switching between Photoshop & Paint Tool SAI.

I've found that there are apparently no WinTab drivers but for those that were very recently released by N-trig (the stylus manufacturer) which doesn't install properly: instead of stating that the process in calibrating was successful, the setup simply closes and discontinues - which is not normal.

I'd be most grateful for anyone's advice and efforts on the matter. FYI I'm using Windows 8 Pro.

Best regards! <3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkasai:
kasai Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Artist
I also have one too. Here is a list of progs that work with Ntrig

1. Illustudio (by celsys) better than Photoshop for illustration, and same makers of Manga Studio and Retas Pro line of products
2. Manga studio 4 EX (For comic book creation)
3. Sketchbook Pro
4.Toon Boom Harmony 10 ( based on a friend who has my unit and uses for 2d animation)
5. Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
5.Tvpaint 10 (not older versions)
6. Mudbox
7. Art Rage
8. Digicel Flipbook
9. Modo
10. Sketchbook Designer 2013

Also the new Clip Studio Paint(probably closest prog to Photoshop) by Celsys. Pretty much all the Celsys progs you find in the settings for changing from Wintab to Tablet PC.
Hope this helps

cheers
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Artist
N-Trig drivers are terrible. Actually, anything they make is terrible. Try getting drivers directly from Sony... sometimes the N-Trig beta drivers work if you feel lucky.

My advice after four years of fighting with one of their tablets is to give up immediately and spend the $80 on a Wacom Bamboo.
:icontehketz:
tehketz Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It is true that Wacom have lots of attributes to their hardware that N-trig don't. I actually sold my Intuos 5 to put towards this tablet (if you can believe it). I could have gotten a Cintiq with the money that I spent on this machine, but I found that it's of better use to me if it's portable as well as allowing you to draw on-screen. So I opted for the Duo 11.

Apparently any Wacom stylus works with it - but I doubt it since it's N-trig (lol). There was a convertible laptop/tablet for the same amount using a Wacom stylus, maybe I should have opted for it. At any rate, the model is new, so I am hoping it's just a matter of time before some working drivers are released. :giggle:

Thanks a bunch for your input, I appreciate it. ;)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Artist
I can tell you from experience that other wacom styluses very well might not work with the n-trig digitizers. The ones I've tried have never gone well :p

Oh, and keep the tablet out of the light. Lights fuck with N-Trig hardware. I'm actually serious...they work much better in the dark. N-trig claims it's interference from high-frequency florescent bulbs but on my tablet it's light in general.
Add a Comment: