Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 29

Folder in Program Files not deleting?

:iconamalaazula:
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012   Digital Artist
I've been having trouble operating the pen for my tablet for a couple of days now. I have deleted the program (driver) for my tablet so I can re-install it.

I've done this several times and the pen is not working how it's suppose to. I would put the tip of the pen in the center of the tablet, it should automatically display the cursor in the center of the desktop screen. Instead the cursor is elsewhere and looks like the tablet area is forced into a smaller section. It's hard to explain.
I've changed the tablet settings/preference and it still doesn't help the movement of the pen.

So I think this certain folder in the program file called "tablet", and another folder residing in it called "pen", is screwing up the function of the pen. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I want to delete it but a window pops up saying access denied, "try again". I press try again and the same window pops up. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. =(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondem0lecule:
dem0lecule Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
CCleaner can clean up hard-to-remove program greatly.

Or do the old trick: Open Run, type cmd, then in cmd type del /F whatever.file/folder. Done.
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012   Digital Artist
The problem has already been fixed. Thanks though. =)
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012   Digital Artist
Thanks everyone for your input. I got it fixed. Thanks to Nero. =)
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Download the trial version of "Revo Uninstaller" and see if that works.
Select or type the program/driver, hit "uninstall", hit "advanced", hit "scan", then delete what it finds.
This will make sure all traces of the program/driver are removed from your system.

If it doesn't work, try booting into "Safe Mode" and then delete it from the directory.
I have had to do this in the past to delete drivers.

Worst comes worst, you may have to try it manually in command prompt, but that is a last resort really.

NOTE: Always backup your system before doing actions like this.
:iconnerolink:
NeroLink Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
note me ;)
I did, I'm on the ps3 right now. Do you want me to go on the computer? >_<
:iconnerolink:
NeroLink Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
if u want, I'm on now if u want me to check it out
ok I'mma comin'
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Are you uninstalling the driver or just deleting files you think are the driver? You should always use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall.

If you're having problems with the screen mapping of your tablet (the area of your screen your tablet thinks your pen should fit within), contact the tablet maker. They should be able to solve your issue over the phone.
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012   Digital Artist
I have uninstalled it through Programs > Uninstall a program. I've only deleted folders that were associated with the program. This file is giving me trouble. And I don't want to re-install the driver without having doubts that the pen for my tablet is still not going to work. So I want this file folder gone.

Okay..
Add a Comment: