Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

How can I create a personal journal skin?

:iconidonnola:
iDonnola Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello to everyone :aww:
I saw I could create my own personal jornal skin... but how? :O
Plz, can you tell me how could I make one of them?
I'll be sooo beholden to you ;)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
[link]

Just plug your images in there, select text color and stuff, then generate the code and paste it into your journal.
iDonnola Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thank you very much! just another question... where can i choose the colours?
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
[link] or [link]

The first one is probably easier, you can select your color like in an art program then just copy the code.

(there are links to those in the first section in blue, color picker 1 and 2)

:)
iDonnola Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
sorry, i'd ask you one thing... i need to submit my journal skin, but i can't do it! i know i have to copy the code as a text file and then submit it, but i really don't understand what "save as a text file" means... where? how? o.o thanks for your help :)
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Saving as a text file just means copy and save or paste the text.

If you want to just apply it to your journal, just copy it then paste it to the skin part of the journal. Select the text, ctrl+c to copy, then put it where you want it with ctrl+v.

If you want to save it onto your computer, copy the text then open word processing program (notebook, microsoft word, openoffice, etc), paste the text into it, then save.
iDonnola Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thanks you, but how can i submit it? that's the part i didn't understand very well ^^;
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
FAQ #67: How do I share Journal Skins?

Submit it for you to use on your journal, or to share with other people?

To put it in your journal, open it to make a new entry. On the left hand side of the screen you'll see your skin options. It will say 'Current Skin' with an option to 'edit skin'.

Click on Edit and paste the code into the boxes.

If you want to share it, submit under 'deviantart journal skins', paste the code into the text box. If you are using images from off this site you'll be asked to submit those, too. Just follow the prompts.
iDonnola Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thank you very much for your reply, but i don't know why it doesn't work :\ i paste the code clicking on "add text..." in the submitting page.... but when i try to submit it, it says "Sorry, we cannot use this file for deviation submission. It requires a separate preview image"... why?
D:
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: