Details

Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Two Windows 7 Gadgets Stopped Working

:iconwarthogdemon:
It's been a long time since I've visited the forums. :o I hope posting this here is correct.

I recently renewed my internet security subscription. (I won't say of what, because I honestly don't think that the type is the issue here.)

Immediately after doing so, the Calendar and Weather gadgets stopped working. The Calendar shows up as a blank orange/white square and opening up the Weather gadget will just reveal the "i" information symbol and a X close button, neither of which actually work.

I also SWEAR the Clock gadget also stopped working but then after an hour later it started working again and has been working since.

I have tried deleting/uninstalling the gadgets but that hasn't worked. I have tried several tricks with the Windows command prompt which doesn't work either.

I'm considering using an automatic system restore on just the gadgets themselves now. Is that the way to go, or is there something else I could try?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just remove them.

Please.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Dec 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm surprised anyone cares at all. Seriously there's no reason for them to exist and Microsoft realized that long ago when the gadget downloads disappeared from their site.
Add a Comment: