Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Windows 7 Desktop customization help, a tutorial or some guidlines please.

:icon4our-foxtrot:
Hello,

I would like to recreate or at least learn how this deviant has achieved the results here, most of it I can already do. However there are a few things, which I don't have a Scooby do, how to do.

Thread here:

[link]

My original posts asking the author for help. (with no reply I may add):

"Yes, I could do with some help on the following...

The top bar there, how do get it looking like that?

The system wide font, how do you change that and which one is it?

The system icons there in "my computer" how do change them, as well as the shortcut pane/panel on the left side of the explorer window. How do you alter these?

Lastly, how is the far right black panel achieved, is it a rainmeter skin or what?

Thank you, please anyone else who can help me here, give me a bit of a tutorial. It would be greatly appreciated thank you."

I hope someone here in the forums can enlighten me. I'm not just trying to copy this guy and achieve the same results. I want to learn how he/she has got there, so in the future, maybe I can customize my own from scratch.

Thank you,

4f.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Dec 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Looks like Rainmeter customizations.
:iconnokari:
nokari Dec 10, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
1. The top bar is probably part of the Rainmeter widget: [link]
The right side is definitely from Rainmeter, so the left is probably just a custom set of transparent icons he made for various things.

2. The font would be changed by the Visual Style (VS) theme: [link]
You'll need to install a UXPatcher for your specific OS version to install custom themes, or use a program like WindowBlinds, depending on the type of VS being provided.

3. The drive icons are here: [link]
They were probably changed with something like IconPackager. The shortcut pane on the left is also part of the VS theme, as shown in the sample preview.

4. Yes, it is a Rainmeter widget. Also shown in the sample preview.
With the,

MNL Rainmeter Skin Resource: [link]

.psd file how do you use that with rainmeter or edit it to your liking in photoshop and then run through rainmeter?

Thanks again.

4f.
nokari Dec 11, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I don't know. I've never used Rainmeter. I'm just telling you what he used.
Iconpackager doesn't always work, especially on windows 7. This is part of the reason why I'm so curious about how he has achieve such pristine results.

Also, do you think you could provide me with a safe download link for UXpatcher, and the VS isn't for use with window blinds.

Thank you for your earlier help. :)
nokari Dec 11, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
It's only a screenshot, so it only takes once to work. It's also possible he edited it.

Google the UXPatcher. It's not hard to find a safe one.
Add a Comment: