Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Microsoft gets desperate, attempts to slander Android

:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This is just getting laughable. Microsoft, if anyone, should have the good sense to just shut up when it comes to the topic of malware.

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My next smartphone might be an Android. Hopefully, as long as I have common sense and making sure everything is up to date, I'll be fine right?
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you don't root your phone and only install apps from the official store, you'll be fine.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not too surprised that it backfired: [link]
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haha, wow.

>>> I once thought about writing malware for a @windowsphone but then I thought, aren't they suffering enough?

Priceless.
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Here's the article for those too lazy to click on links

Are you one of the Droid haters? Do you hate the concept of Android? Ever malware on Android device screwed you off? If yes, then you can share your experience and get a reward from the Microsoft. Yes! Microsoft has asked users about their horror experience with Android malware.

Here is the tweet:

Do you have an Android malware horror story? Reply with #DroidRage with your best/worst story and we may have a get-well present for you.

This is not the first time, Microsoft has the habit of running campaigns that trolls its competitors, whether it is Web browsers or Office suites like Openoffice.

Few days ago Microsoft created a YouTube ad about IE trolls, now the company is using their Windows phones twitter account thinking that this campaign would lead annoyed Android users to switch to Windows Phones. Desperate Microsoft is not stopping there, the have shared tip 'Android users' in 2 different tweets :

Did you see this Sophos Security Threat Report on Android malware [link] Here are 3 steps for dealing with malware…

Step 1. Wait for your Android phone to get infected with malware

Step 2. Recover from SMS scam bill shock

Step 3. Skip steps 1 & 2, buy a Windows Phone and connect with people you care about instead of some hacker plotting in a dank basement.

Microsoft is looking exhausted and desperate with such move, they should better improve their products than attacking the competitors. And, advice about malware from the maker of the world's most insecure software just doesn't make any sense.
Add a Comment: