Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Problems with Bamboo tablet driver?

:iconsmellslikebiskits:
smellslikebiskits Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
This has been an issue with me for several years and I can't figure out why, so maybe someone here can help me.

About, oh, six years ago? I broke my old Wacom Graphire tablet (threw it at the wall in a fit of rage, but that's not important) and had to buy a new one, so I went with the Bamboo Fun. It worked for a few days and then all of a sudden it would get stuck in mouse mode. I tried updating the driver, reinstalling with the firewall disabled, I even called Wacom's tech support for help, but nothing worked so I eventually gave up. Now about a week ago I bought a new one, Bamboo Capture, but it seems to be doing the same thing? They have been tried on three different computers with three different firewalls, on WinXP and 7, with up-to-date drivers. Nothing makes a difference. Again, this one worked for the first few days, but now the pressure sensitivity is gone and when I try to go into the preferences thing it says there is a problem with the driver. I rebooted the OS (Win 7) and it works for the moment, but it keeps doing the same things.

I am getting super frustrated. Anyone have an idea what's going on? (this computer is only about two months old by the way.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Play around with the settings.
I've tried that. It always changes back.
Go to Start -> programs -> Bamboo and run the tablet preference utility. Select to remove the settings for all users, then test the tablet. If that does not succeed, download and install the 5.24 driver version from this site.
I've done that. It's only a temporary fix and it changes itself back after an hour or two. And that is the driver I have.
Or this:

The problem may be that SAI detects information about 2 tablets. It always wants to get the pressure information from the first installed tablet, while coordinates are accepted also from the second tablet. If you disable the not needed driver (stop the service 'TabletServiceWacom' for Intuos, 'TabletServicePen' for Bamboo), you may still have to reset the driver (remove the tablet preferences with the utilities from Start menu -> Bamboo/Wacom Tablet).
I don't have SAI, just Paint Shop Pro 7 (from 2000 I think?) and Photoshop Elemernts 8. And only one tablet is installed on this PC.
Try rolling back.
done it, nothing.

I don't understand why two different tablets on three different computers several years apart could all be having the same issue. :/
Try this (just because): [link]
I'll try that. Also I'm wondering if it might be this: [link]
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: